Samsung Galaxy S3

I have exactly the same problem. My phone was originally on South Africa's Vodacom/Vodafone network. Frustratingly, no JB upgrade was available up until I left SA on the 7th of Nov for a job in Saudi Arabia. A few days ago this update became available through my new Saudi network, SAWA. I duly downloaded the update (which works perfectly other than turning off ALL my auto-synchs, which I had to re-set!). However I now have to contend with the same message to which you referred when I attempt to check for new/additional updates. I don't know if this is as a result of each country having a different JB update, or simply if no further updates are currently available. Anyone have answer AND/ OR know how to solve this issue?
 
My battery life seems worse since on JB, the screen's consuming 71%.
Anyone else experiencing this?
 
Some are saying that Google Now is affecting battery life but claim it gets better once you have had it for a while. I haven't activated Google Now but also feel my battery is not as good but then I have installed a number of new apps so who knows whether it might be one of them.

My only issue, as mentioned elsewhere, is with cutting and pasting. It often does not allow me to paste.
 
My issue is smart stay is causing my screen to stay on permanently. Even if I put the phone down it keeps the screen on. Switching smart stay off fixes this.
 
Omega Rom v33.2 gave me 3days and 5hours of battery usage since last charge. I must add that I hardly used the phone. A couple of photos taken, some Instagram use, FB and twitter, but much less than other times.
 
Omega Rom v33.2 gave me 3days and 5hours of battery usage since last charge. I must add that I hardly used the phone. A couple of photos taken, some Instagram use, FB and twitter, but much less than other times.

where can i get it? please supply the link
 
so grabbed the jelly bean update from Vodacom, just one quick question. I saw on videos a different lock screen for Jelly bean but I can 't find this on my phone - was this not included?
 
My battery life seems the same if not a little better. I am on 38% battery with 23h13m usage. Really not bad IMO.
 
My battery life has also been affected badly since the JB update. Used to get about 3 days battery life. I am down to about 1.5 days now, if I manage to restrain myself. Will see if switching smart stay off improves it.

On another note..my missus managed to drop my S3 this weekend and left a lovely scratch on the silver edging that goes around the phone. Does anyone know where, if possible this can be fixed or replaced? Do the Samsung stores (midrand) do anything like this?

Thanks...
 
Have you guys that are mentioning bad battery life with JB activated Google Now?
 
Battery life for me seems to be better on Jelly Bean FWIW. Same settings/config as on ICS of course.
 
Yep...activated it but I am not on it all the time. Dont have the data to have my mobile data on all day.

Might be still worth looking into. I do not have it activated but would it not be learning all the time anyway? Some have mentioned that at first Google Now is a battery eater until it settles down.
 
Might be still worth looking into. I do not have it activated but would it not be learning all the time anyway? Some have mentioned that at first Google Now is a battery eater until it settles down.

Hope this is true..it is an awesome addition to the Android experience..

On a side note, I was at my 2 year old sons' prize giving last week and while taking pics I was using the voice function to capture pics..so while saying "cheese" another parent notices that my phone is also snapping when I say cheese and he asks me how it works..LOL!! He was blown away. He sent me a text this morning saying he has just ordered an S3..loving it...
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X