Samsung Galaxy S3

I use network time zone which correctly indicates the time-zone is South Africa...
 
I use network time zone which correctly indicates the time-zone is South Africa...

Take off and select your time zone to sa. This worked for me. My touchwiz clock widget was on Chinese time when I upgraded but took off all settings and manually selected and all worked.
 
Thanks. That didn't work.

I bought the phone in Singapore so maybe that's somehow interfering with it...
 
I also struggle to get a full days use out of this S3. Didn't have this problem with iPhone 4S. I am now also considering getting an iPhone 5 or something with decent battery life. This is ridiculous. I use the phone mainly for calling and e-mail. I can get to around 18:00 before I need to charge. Bought a car charger on the side of the road, it takes about 3 hours to charge that green bar a fraction of a millimeter, so that doesn't help either.
 
Yip, I'm really reconsidering my options now because of the battery life. I can't afford to find myself in a situation where I miss calls because the thing went dead while trying to determine the traffic congestion between my house and the Pick N Pay up the road. I really shouldn't have to buy a spare battery and I shouldn't have to switch off data. It's pretty pathetic.

Looking in to the Nokia options at the moment but I really like Android. I had high hopes for this thing. Its now going to become a very expensive box-filler spare...
 
I also struggle to get a full days use out of this S3. Didn't have this problem with iPhone 4S. I am now also considering getting an iPhone 5 or something with decent battery life. This is ridiculous. I use the phone mainly for calling and e-mail. I can get to around 18:00 before I need to charge. Bought a car charger on the side of the road, it takes about 3 hours to charge that green bar a fraction of a millimeter, so that doesn't help either.

Yip, I'm really reconsidering my options now because of the battery life. I can't afford to find myself in a situation where I miss calls because the thing went dead while trying to determine the traffic congestion between my house and the Pick N Pay up the road. I really shouldn't have to buy a spare battery and I shouldn't have to switch off data. It's pretty pathetic.

Looking in to the Nokia options at the moment but I really like Android. I had high hopes for this thing. Its now going to become a very expensive box-filler spare...

I can't understand why you guys are having battery life issues. My S3 has outstanding staying power. It survives a full day of heavy use and two days of moderate use easily. I've used my phone a fair amount today and right this second it is on 50%.

I'm running the latest JB Omega with the bloatware removed. S Voice is still on (obviously the wake up command is disabled), as are most useful stock apps. I'm not stingy with 3G, but I use Tasker to ensure the phone's functions are never on unnecessarily. And I'm always on power saving. Screen brightness is generally on 50%.

Get an app that properly analyses battery use and see what the problems are.
 
I can't understand why you guys are having battery life issues. My S3 has outstanding staying power. It survives a full day of heavy use and two days of moderate use easily. I've used my phone a fair amount today and right this second it is on 50%.

I'm running the latest JB Omega with the bloatware removed. S Voice is still on (obviously the wake up command is disabled), as are most useful stock apps. I'm not stingy with 3G, but I use Tasker to ensure the phone's functions are never on unnecessarily. And I'm always on power saving. Screen brightness is generally on 50%.

Get an app that properly analyses battery use and see what the problems are.

All I have is the Android Battery app. Last I checked I had to pay for a battery analyser and I really couldn't be asked to do that...

This is today:

Screenshot_2012-11-30-00-15-43.png
 
I can't understand why you guys are having battery life issues. My S3 has outstanding staying power. It survives a full day of heavy use and two days of moderate use easily. I've used my phone a fair amount today and right this second it is on 50%.

I'm running the latest JB Omega with the bloatware removed. S Voice is still on (obviously the wake up command is disabled), as are most useful stock apps. I'm not stingy with 3G, but I use Tasker to ensure the phone's functions are never on unnecessarily. And I'm always on power saving. Screen brightness is generally on 50%.

Get an app that properly analyses battery use and see what the problems are.

Well look at all the things you've done to yours to get decent battery life. I've done nothing except upgrade to the Polish jelly beans. It should be properly optimised out the box. I have now installed Juice Defender based on recommendations here. I just set it on the balanced profile. Let's see if I can make it through the day now.

I also can't afford to have down time, this is a business phone and could cost me money if I miss calls and emails.
 
I also struggle to get a full days use out of this S3. Didn't have this problem with iPhone 4S. I am now also considering getting an iPhone 5 or something with decent battery life. This is ridiculous. I use the phone mainly for calling and e-mail. I can get to around 18:00 before I need to charge. Bought a car charger on the side of the road, it takes about 3 hours to charge that green bar a fraction of a millimeter, so that doesn't help either.

Seems the car charger you bought is a dud. Pop into any vodacom shop and pick up their vodafone branded one, with the double usb ports. It pushes 1 amp out each port and does a really good job of charging. I think I paid R130 for it. It's also tiny, so it only just sticks out the 12V socket and looks neat too.
 
Seems the car charger you bought is a dud. Pop into any vodacom shop and pick up their vodafone branded one, with the double usb ports. It pushes 1 amp out each port and does a really good job of charging. I think I paid R130 for it. It's also tiny, so it only just sticks out the 12V socket and looks neat too.

Thanks will do. I was waiting for a Samsung branded one but couldn't find one anywhere.

Ps: 84% already, took it off charge at 6am. Not looking good.
 
Thanks will do. I was waiting for a Samsung branded one but couldn't find one anywhere.

Ps: 84% already, took it off charge at 6am. Not looking good.

Yeah something up there, took mine off at 6 and I am on 93%.
 
Get the app gsam battery. It analyse all your apps and features to determine what is chowing battery. You'd be surprised how much power the screen use with wrong settings.
 
Thanks will do. I was waiting for a Samsung branded one but couldn't find one anywhere.

Ps: 84% already, took it off charge at 6am. Not looking good.

Charged my phone last night.This morning its sitting at 15%...

That is very messed up. My phone generally loses 3-4% overnight. Currently I'm on 97% after unplugging my early morning charge. Although my battery life is excellent now, it was still rather good when I used to run stock ICS.

Well look at all the things you've done to yours to get decent battery life. I've done nothing except upgrade to the Polish jelly beans. It should be properly optimised out the box. I have now installed Juice Defender based on recommendations here. I just set it on the balanced profile. Let's see if I can make it through the day now.

I also can't afford to have down time, this is a business phone and could cost me money if I miss calls and emails.

My battery life was never bad on stock though. On heavy use I'd have to charge by late evening.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X