Samsung Galaxy S3

After all the talk I thought let me try Juice Defender Ultimate again and realised why I stopped using it the first time. I have it set to connect wifi/mobile every 10 minutes to check for emails and sync etc. I just switched my screen on after not looking at the phone for over an hour and 6 Whatsapp messages came through, some 45 minutes old. Now surely the whole "connect every 10 minutes" thing should mean that I get these messages?

FFS. I had the exact same issue today. It went further in that I had all of my calls directed straight to my voicemail this morning. Only at 15:00 did I get notification about these supposed missed calls and by the it was too late.

I'm selling this piece of schit now. Sick and tired of it...
 
Mm. Hearing that for some calls my phone chucks it directly to voicemail. Any idea what can be done?
 
FFS. I had the exact same issue today. It went further in that I had all of my calls directed straight to my voicemail this morning. Only at 15:00 did I get notification about these supposed missed calls and by the it was too late.

I'm selling this piece of schit now. Sick and tired of it...

What a disaster. Pity, it's an excellent phone. Maybe if we switch back to Android 4.0? I don't remember it being this bad before I upgraded to the polish 4.1?
 
I'm also on the Polish Rom. I'm going to update to the SA Rom today and give it a shot to see if the battery lasts longer. Thereafter I'll hold out until the new Android is released for the S3 but I'll be using a spare phone in the interim...
 
So the inevitable happened to my S3 on Saturday. Visited the inlaws, As I got into the car my S3 fell out of my pocket and onto the grass. Reversed, went out the driveway and down the road only to realize I have no phone. Turned back and found the phone nicely imprinted in the grass. So the car went over it. My heart was in my shoes.
Took it wiped it clean, and voila, not a scratch. Switch it on, all is well. Working 100%.

Luckily the grass is quite thick and with all the rain the soil is soft as well. No damage.

Yes, these phones can take a beating.

I'm on MTN as well. No problems, no dropped calls nothing.(On the SA ROM)
 
Forgot to add, regarding battery. On light usage currently 2 days 20 hours. 40% left.
This includes

21 calls made and or received
15 e-mails received and read
2 photos taken
About 1 hour on Teamviewer administrating a server via mobile data.
Whatsapp running in the background

Not too bad in my opinion.

I do switch off WiFi most of the time. Only switch it on when I need to use it.
 
I'm also on the Polish Rom. I'm going to update to the SA Rom today and give it a shot to see if the battery lasts longer. Thereafter I'll hold out until the new Android is released for the S3 but I'll be using a spare phone in the interim...

Hey DJ, I used the polish rom for a long time without issue and without noticing massive battery drain. If you keen to try, 4.1.2 (still jelly bean, but the latest version), link below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1835931

No issues with this version. Been using it for about 3 weeks now
 
For those of you interested in an app to turn your wifi on and off to save battery, check out "sentry." I have been running it since the day I got my S3 and never ever had battery problems.
 
Yes, these phones can take a beating.

So long as they land on soft, impact absorbing surfaces. You were very lucky! Off a knee high coffee table onto tiled floor = crack screen = R1500 repair bill.
 

I think they both work. XFE from what I could find a few months ago appears to be the branded Vodacom version whereas XFA is unbranded. Not 100% sure here but I'm fairly sure they both work...
 
Guys, sometimes if you use a rom that's not for your country, then you might need to flash the appropriate modem as well - that can also be a cause if battery drain
 
Is it possible to revert back to stock ROM before any ODIN foreign stock updates were done and then let the phone update automatically, hence getting correct modem? Or is it just the same result as just using ODIN to flash the official SA JB over the UK one?
 
I flashed the SA ROM over the Egypt one because my CSC code was different to the SA one. Kies wouldnt allow me to update, so I reflashed with the SA one and it is all working 100% now
 
I think they both work. XFE from what I could find a few months ago appears to be the branded Vodacom version whereas XFA is unbranded. Not 100% sure here but I'm fairly sure they both work...

XFV is Vodacom.
 
Flashed the stock SA ROM from Sammobile and I'm still getting the issue with cutting and pasting not working. I see a number of people are reporting this in google sites.
 
Flashed the stock SA ROM from Sammobile and I'm still getting the issue with cutting and pasting not working. I see a number of people are reporting this in google sites.

Mine is fine. Seems to be very random. I have the MTN version.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X