Samsung Galaxy S6

Battery has been riding see-saw, but on the whole I have found that the battery drains very quickly the moment the phone is used for downloading apps, and some GPS locating.
I have no idea what the Google Services are that are using all the battery power, and see that the Mobile Radio shows almost 3 hours of activity.

Screenshot_2015-05-11-08-55-33[1].jpg

Screenshot_2015-05-11-08-54-27[1].jpg
 
Well, Gmail, as example, was not on my list of apps, but I did find it in the play store with an update option and actually updated it.

These are the only apps showing under MyApps:

Ah, search for google play services. update that, and restart your phone. then go back into play store, and see if everything is still the same.
 
I am loving my S6 Edge, but the moment I turn on "4G"... Battery gets eaten!!! I don't really always need LTE, but it's very nice to download and browse at higher speeds!
 
I think it was mostly turning off mobile data and setting it to gsm only and using power saving mode, I use wifi only and set Wifi during sleep only when plugged in.

16 hour 55 min with 1 d 16 h left.

This kind of defeats the objective of having a smart phone with LTE, GPS, WiFi etc doesnt it ? If the battery on the S6 is draining too fast on LTE then either the S6 has a ****ty battery or the network your are trying to connect to is congested or to far away.
 
Farkoff :mad: My SNote is four years old. Need an upgrade badly :D

You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.
 
You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.

don't talk K@k dude
I love my S6 and use it with most things left on permanently
On average I get 13-15 hours battery life with 2,5 - 3,5 Screen on time
 
You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.
It would then benefit one to just purchase a phone of R100 and will be content lol
 
don't talk K@k dude
I love my S6 and use it with most things left on permanently
On average I get 13-15 hours battery life with 2,5 - 3,5 Screen on time

The question is .... will that non replaceable battery last 2 years? Samsung has had a number of battery ****ups the last while. My S2, S3 Mini & S4 or suffered from swollen batteries that had to be replaced.
 
The question is .... will that non replaceable battery last 2 years? Samsung has had a number of battery ****ups the last while. My S2, S3 Mini & S4 or suffered from swollen batteries that had to be replaced.
Interesting question what will happen then? purchase another S6 everytime you have a faulty battery??
 
You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.

I'm with you - This weekend I read through all posts of the S5 thread and the Note 4 thread.... there was no moaning about battery life or having to turn this off and that to save juice.

WTF would you want a 10 grand smartphone where you have to turn stuff off to make it through the day.

Skipping this device and managing to keep my FOMO under control was the best bloody thing I have done all year. I am extremely heavy on my phone for work and I would be part of the whining brigade in here if I had upgraded to one...

I understand some owners may not be happy to admit the flaws.... and that is cool. But what is slowly emerging is that the battery needs some careful management which is BS in a 10k device IMO
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X