Samsung Galaxy S8

S8+ all the way.

Thanks mind is made up. S8+ it is. Watched an hour long review by this guy Floss Carter on YouTube. He does an in depth review on the S8+ and I have to say this phone has a huge amount of features. Never ever thought I'd get excited about a Samsung phone.
 
Thanks mind is made up. S8+ it is. Watched an hour long review by this guy Floss Carter on YouTube. He does an in depth review on the S8+ and I have to say this phone has a huge amount of features. Never ever thought I'd get excited about a Samsung phone.

Great decision.... Love my s8+
Welcome
 
There is an update for the stock contacts app, hinting to a global release of Bixby.
e8bc6d4f677ac1185d290634bd1a1625.jpg



Don't see South Africa :(

33283150c5fad69c3b04d60fbbb2f6c2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Great decision.... Love my s8+
Welcome

Thanks, going to see what's on offer this weekend. :) Anyone checked out the liquid screen protectors yet. Seems pretty hardy, even taking screwdrivers and hammers to the screen. I thinks it's called Black ice liquid protector.
 
Although the battery lasts much longer than that of the S6, it seems there are still things draining it unnecessarily.
Any thoughts on how to optimise the battery life?
Screenshot_20170811-072724.jpg

Screenshot_20170811-073218.jpg
 
Last edited:
that's not too bad actually. remember, even though you have only more than 3hours of SOT, your phone has been on standby for almost 24hours.

Not sure what you were expecting?
 
Being new to the phone (and reading through 111 pages of this thread) I assumed that the SOT would be closer to 5-6 hours yet I am getting between 3-4 hours.
Therefore the question on whether it was possible to optimise the battery life even further.
 
Being new to the phone (and reading through 111 pages of this thread) I assumed that the SOT would be closer to 5-6 hours yet I am getting between 3-4 hours.
Therefore the question on whether it was possible to optimise the battery life even further.
You can... Set your brightness to auto, turn off GPS and Bluetooth if it's on and you don't use it. Don't let notifications wake up the screen, pull your email rather than having it pushed. Use wifi wherever possible. The basic things, but honestly, the S8 battery is much better than most devices out right now.

Unless you working your phone really hard, it's difficult to see why you are concerned with battery. The harder you work any device, the quicker the battery drain anyway.
 
That's a pity because MTN is giving a Tablet worth R6999 with every S8+ during August.

Thanks for that but I will stick with Telkom. :) Also there are 3 tablets laying at home and not being used much. Even the kids tend to use their phones more than the tablets.
 
Your android system is running too high . There are apps you might need to disable and turn on power saving mode. I disable or unistall all apps i dont use.
 
Your android system is running too high . There are apps you might need to disable and turn on power saving mode. I disable or unistall all apps i dont use.
That sounds like a manufacturer's cop-out!
 
Being new to the phone (and reading through 111 pages of this thread) I assumed that the SOT would be closer to 5-6 hours yet I am getting between 3-4 hours.
Therefore the question on whether it was possible to optimise the battery life even further.

Wait for the app sleep function to start working, you will one day start to get notifications saying X number of apps has been put to sleep.

It will monitor your apps and the ones you don't use, for I think three days, gets put to sleep.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X