SARS E-Filing 2019/20

TheRift

Expert Member
Search for the line "Additional Medical Expenses Tax Credits" in the Notes section of your ITA34. The amount for additional expenses credited is in the right-hand column, and the calculation is at the bottom.
Thanks. I'll take a look at that one.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Did my efiling last night, how long before it gets approved / know if you are audited ?

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Did my efiling last night, how long before it gets approved / know if you are audited ?
I did mine Friday and got paid today. To see when you are going to be paid request a statement of account as someone on here stated.

I think it will immediately let you know if you were going to be audited, but as I haven't been yet, I don't know how they would do so.

Speedster

Honorary Master
You should get an assessment notice virtually instantly. This will indicate whether you've been selected for audit.

SyncopicNexus

You should still be able to file the return with that error ? Normally it is just the calculation that does not work.
Nope it gives an error saying that it will not be submitted or processed by SARS and that the fund administrator has to fix it.

SyncopicNexus

So I got some feedback on this query, "4482 IRP5 L/S amount missing" message that I got while trying to file my tax return on eFiling, I have found out that it has something to do with a Pension/Provident fund lump sum payment. I can't edit mine, but apparently the source code 3920 for deductions must be used. I followed up with SARS and they said whoever issued the IRP5 for the lump sum payment must edit the IRP5 . They said it is the IRP5 issuer that has to fix it.

View attachment 886338View attachment 886340
I have the 3920 Source code under Income Received filled in on my return but I don't see any 3915 Source code anywhere and obviously can't edit to change or add it in. Can't submit the IRP5 that I received either.

L-Dog

Expert Member
1596524652034.png

This is my status can't approve anything, I assume everything is in place and I just need to wait ?

sdenobrega

I got a call from SARS. I was selected for verification and it can take up to 21 business days to conclude
This is annoying.
They going to drag out this

flarkit

Executive Member
Eventually (hopefully) managed to resolve my issue with the incorrect, extra TFI.

It took me 4 calls with 3 agents having no idea, until the 4th agent instructed me to fill in zeroes in the extra TFI (which eFiling would not allow me to remove). I was able to submit, with my additional medical expenses now reflecting on the amended assessment.

Let's hope this is resolved now.

KingBel

Expert Member
I have this, do I just leave it ?
View attachment 886582
Click on the ITA34 link to open your assessment. It will tell you how much you your refund is, or how much you owe SARS. You will also see a block that says "Selected for Audit or verification" (or something to that effect).. with a Y or N next to it. If it says N, then you are not selected for audit or verification, and you should expect your refund within 7 working days.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Click on the ITA34 link to open your assessment. It will tell you how much you your refund is, or how much you owe SARS. You will also see a block that says "Selected for Audit or verification" (or something to that effect).. with a Y or N next to it. If it says N, then you are not selected for audit or verification, and you should expect your refund within 7 working days.
Thanks I have a N

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Mine is similar, hopefully some cash soon!