SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

semaphore

Honorary Master
How long does it take SARS to process refunds?
I filled on Monday, was not selected for verification. Overall it was a smooth process, now I wait patiently for my refund to reflect into my bank account.
Couple days

sammi001

Anyone else has farming operations, venture capital and statement of assets and liabilities showing? I never had that on any of vey forms before and have nothing to submit for it.
Like some others, I completed and ran a calc last night. Afterwards all captured info gone and getting farming info.

Will try to redo from scratch later and see what happens.

Purply

Expert Member
Got a call from SARS today, apparently there are things on their system I should have declared, but didn't. Got a notice now asking for supporting documents for RENTAL INCOME I received in 2008!

Jeeeeebuzzz , like that's going to happen!

Pariah

I did mine on Monday and my soa still doesn't show any refund date, also changed my banking details on my ITR12 and also added new banking details under maintain sars registered details and bank account shows valid and also usages shows income tax with a long outgoing no.

Also didn't receive any notification to come and verify my bank details, should i still wait before contacting them?
Call them. Last year i did same. money never came, i called them and they said i had to verify banking details.

viron

Call them. Last year i did same. money never came, i called them and they said i had to verify banking details.
Ai so guess i wont be lucky like aqua02

Going to give them a call now and find out whats happening.

Thanks Pariah

dualmeister

Honorary Master
VERIFICATION OF ASSESSMENT

We refer to the verification of the assessment for the 2019 tax period. Please note that no adjustment has been made to this assessment.
Ah yeah.

R29K incoming :p

R_D_V

I am experiencing the exact same thing, how did you get it resolved? Please help!!!!
I just managed to fix mine. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

The only thing that worked for me was to edit the incorrect form wizard sections as best i could, save the return, then refresh all data. My IRP5 and medical aid data were there when i opened the return again.

If it's now saying you're a farmer you must check 'yes' for the last question regarding other income on the basic info page so that the 'comprehensive' info appears below where you can then select 'no' for farming activities and anything else that's incorrect.

Glads81

I completed mine yesterday. Was selected for verification like every other year. Submitted my supporting docs same time and received acknowledgement SMS 1 hour later. Last year got paid 14 days later. This year will most likely be the same as my logbook verification takes long and my refund usually exceeds R55k. This year, it's R66k+

aqua02

I completed mine yesterday. Was selected for verification like every other year. Submitted my supporting docs same time and received acknowledgement SMS 1 hour later. Last year got paid 14 days later. This year will most likely be the same as my logbook verification takes long and my refund usually exceeds R55k. This year, it's R66k+
Wooooow

Dslartibarfast

I just managed to fix mine. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

The only thing that worked for me was to edit the incorrect form wizard sections as best i could, save the return, then refresh all data. My IRP5 and medical aid data were there when i opened the return again.

If it's now saying you're a farmer you must check 'yes' for the last question regarding other income on the basic info page so that the 'comprehensive' info appears below where you can then select 'no' for farming activities and anything else that's incorrect.
SARS IRP5 issue

Apparently they are aware of it and are fixing it but it is a "user" issue from clicking too much?

Glads81

A bit of advice, purely from my own experience. When completing your return, please submit ALL documents, not just what they apparently ask for in the letter they send you. I have had issues in the past where refunds were delayed for months because they kept asking for additional info/documents. Every time they request for more information, it delays your return by a few weeks.

Only pull a new statement of account (SoA) every two days or so. Doing so multiple times a days is pointless. The workflows at SARS runs in batches and is system generated. I know that we're all anxious and look forward to our refunds but rushing and forcing the system really does not help. The only time you should sit on their necks is if you are requesting assistance because something is wrong with your return/profile or if they have asked for info and you're checking to see if they have received it and have started working on it. Other than that, your return is sitting in the queue and will be processed.

If you have submitted and given them all the docs, just log in every second day to check for new developments.
But if you really have to, login in daily, however do not over click or push too many buttons... You might make a mistake like "Request a Correction", trust me this will push you back MONTHS!

So, what docs do I submit without fail?

1) Copy of ID
2) Proof of residence
3) Medical Aid cert
4) Bank statement (just one page, indicating my bank account details)
5) IRP5 (even though they already have this)
6) Logbook (only for claiming car allowance/company provided car)
7) Purchase order of car or invoice to prove how much the car was paid for
8) Letter from employer breaking down fringe benefit calculation on company provided car

I have been doing this for the past three years and although my refund is quite large, they have nothing else to ask of me, even if they wanted to. By doing this, they have no choice but to verify my docs and then pay my refund. Takes about 2 weeks on average. This year I'm hoping for 1 week... let's see

Last edited: