SARS E-Filing 2020/21

Gudnews

Expert Member
Institution*, is that the actual fund/share or Easy Equities?

Last edited:

Crusader

Expert Member
Once you've made a payment to SARS via EFT how long does it take to reflect on your account statement?

Gudnews

Expert Member
That info send is what your share cost was (and if you earned dividends). Hope that is what you are looking for
I meant on the form, it says Institution*, is that the actual fund/share one owns or the service one is using? This is found in the tax free section.

surface

Honorary Master
Trying Help-You-eFile as the RA amount is not correct and SARS call center says she can't help as the amount has to come from Sygnia. Sygnia has given extensive correspondence to me to prove that they have done what they can.

Hope this works.

surface

Honorary Master
Trying Help-You-eFile as the RA amount is not correct and SARS call center says she can't help as the amount has to come from Sygnia. Sygnia has given extensive correspondence to me to prove that they have done what they can.

Hope this works.
ok. The Call Me feature seems to work. Agent not able to resolve query yet. 23 minutes and counting.

Can't resolve. Got reference number and apparently they will call back in 72 hours. hmm..

lilggg

Expert Member
Please can someone help, what institution and acc number am i supposed to fill in here? It's an absa investment

1636785278122.png

surface

Honorary Master
Eish, got sms from SARS about penalty if I don't submit it before 23rd November. Been trying to resolve queries with SARS since ages so they are the reason.

1636967363606.png

surface

Honorary Master
I must say I am disappointed in SARS process. This is probably the first time I ever asked for support to resolve something and signs are not encouraging so far.

Till now, I thought it was well oiled machine. Ah, well. Query is in escalated status and apparently I will receive a resolution "soon".

prOd

Expert Member
Okay I am beyond pissed at ABSA. Because of their f#ckup and my laziness I now owe SARS a cool R8k for over contributing on my tax free accounts...

In short, when I moved my tax free in Nov. 2020 to EE, ABSA sent them an incorrect tax certificate with a contribution of ±R7000 for the year (it was actually ±R29000 at that point). And because I forgot what I contributed and took the ±R7000 contributions as accurate, I also contributed to my EE tax free once the money was transferred.

I should've checked to make sure, but still...they should not have submitted incorrect information to EE. Fuuuu

surface

Honorary Master
Okay I am beyond pissed at ABSA. Because of their f#ckup and my laziness I now owe SARS a cool R8k for over contributing on my tax free accounts...

In short, when I moved my tax free in Nov. 2020 to EE, ABSA sent them an incorrect tax certificate with a contribution of ±R7000 for the year (it was actually ±R29000 at that point). And because I forgot what I contributed and took the ±R7000 contributions as accurate, I also contributed to my EE tax free once the money was transferred.

I should've checked to make sure, but still...they should not have submitted incorrect information to EE. Fuuuu
In same boat but with different provider and it is RA. Sygnia submitted wrong information to SARS and even after they resent the corrections in July, SARS hasn't updated it on their side, I refreshed like 20 times over last few months as that is the only thing SARS agents say I should do. Difference is I didn't submit it yet.

prOd

Expert Member
In same boat but with different provider and it is RA. Sygnia submitted wrong information to SARS and even after they resent the corrections in July, SARS hasn't updated it on their side, I refreshed like 20 times over last few months as that is the only thing SARS agents say I should do. Difference is I didn't submit it yet.

I'm screwed either way...ABSA will just say I should've checked (even though one should expect a Bank to generate accurate statements!), and SARS couldn't care less...they just want their money.

surface

Honorary Master
I'm screwed either way...ABSA will just say I should've checked (even though one should expect a Bank to generate accurate statements!), and SARS couldn't care less...they just want their money.
Oh wait. You are allowed to resubmit, isn't it ? Why not try that ?