SARS E-Filing 2020/21

Slip

All, some advice/help would be useful. Submitted my returns on first week July, got a verification request asking me to submit photos and floor plans for the WFH claim. Uploaded that and got no response. Three calls later I get a response saying that I need to re-upload everything. Did that around mid-August and haven't heard anything. Called them to no avail... do I just wait it out until 21 business days expires????

Just wait. Mine was finalised without changes after more than a month. It seems that they start the 21 day count again when you submit further documents. I was also asked to submit photos etc.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I submitted my better half’s tax in the first week of July! Got audited. Audited again. And this morning incoming payment! Wow! A very-very nice 5 digit figure!

Thanks Sars!

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Received a call to submit a document with a summary of the expenses I’m claiming for WFH.

Spent the next several hours trying to get through to SARS to find out how I can submit the document with the requested information.

After walking through the desert I was guided to use the SARS website and was provided the case number to input.

I give up.

PaulMurkin

Just wait. Mine was finalised without changes after more than a month. It seems that they start the 21 day count again when you submit further documents. I was also asked to submit photos etc.
That is absolutely correct.
I found out that the useless tax practitioner I asked to assist me with this, failed to tell me that a letter was required from my employer. Based on information given in this thread I did my own inquiries and the moment I sent that document after getting it from HR... boom, the SARS official told me the audit starts now.

I am just gathering more evidence that the tax practitioner lied to me then I am sending him on his merry way. From now on I will do it all myself.

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Received a call to submit a document with a summary of the expenses I’m claiming for WFH.

Spent the next several hours trying to get through to SARS to find out how I can submit the document with the requested information.

After walking through the desert I was guided to use the SARS website and was provided the case number to input.

I give up.
Really... Its not that difficult, if you want I'll set up a screenshot of where to go

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
That is absolutely correct.
I found out that the useless tax practitioner I asked to assist me with this, failed to tell me that a letter was required from my employer. Based on information given in this thread I did my own inquiries and the moment I sent that document after getting it from HR... boom, the SARS official told me the audit starts now.

I am just gathering more evidence that the tax practitioner lied to me then I am sending him on his merry way. From now on I will do it all myself.
Now unless you have some mega weird stuff, doing it yourself is easy
Share profit are all nicely in a cert, Ra same and most even send Sars the i go so it comes prepared, rentals get slightly tricky as to what you can claim, but for the most part, you fix it, claim it, you make it, nope)

If you really don't know, click on "help me efile" and schedule a call then the man himself can explain it to you (just don't believe the time slot you are booked for a call, but it will come. Best is obviously to do this early morning)

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
Really... Its not that difficult, if you want I'll set up a screenshot of where to go

Nope, it’s a poorly designed system. I just don’t understand why you have to use multiple portals, so initially you submit everything via the efiling portal, once that is done and additional documents must be submitted from navigating hoops on the SARS portal, it’s funny that I was at the same page to submit the additional document earlier on but none of the case numbers (I’ve got about 10 case numbers since I started the process) I had received where accepted on the page.

This is so much admin, I’m too young for this crap. I’m on the other spectrum of Gen Y.

mathebulay

Yay, after being selected for audit, money is finally in. Submitted on the 5th of August, uploaded all my docs, got selected, waited, got an sms every Sunday to the tune of "you're still being audited".

Last Saturday, got a completion letter, Sunday the audit sms came again, money in my account this morning
Did you receive anything else before receiving your money after the completion letter?

mathebulay

Have you received your refund yet?

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Did you receive anything else before receiving your money after the completion letter?
Yes, the Saturday I received my completion letter, the Sunday following it I received a notification that I am under audit still. That following Wednesday morning money was in

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
ok thank you so no additional ITA34?
Well to start the process from the very beginning, I did it, received a ita 34 and ab audit flag. Realised I screwed up by having had an extra 0 on rental expenses. Refilled, updated ita 34. Got selected for audit again. Had all docs submitted with the 2nd filing, so just waited and got a message every Sunday about being audited. The last Saturday I got my completion letter and the Sunday after another message about audit. Wednesday, money in

mathebulay

Well to start the process from the very beginning, I did it, received a ita 34 and ab audit flag. Realised I screwed up by having had an extra 0 on rental expenses. Refilled, updated ita 34. Got selected for audit again. Had all docs submitted with the 2nd filing, so just waited and got a message every Sunday about being audited. The last Saturday I got my completion letter and the Sunday after another message about audit. Wednesday, money in
Received my refund this morning , thanks...so no additional ITA34 after the completion letter, just payment ☺

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Received my refund this morning , thanks...so no additional ITA34 after the completion letter, just payment ☺
If they tell you your assessment has been completed without changes then yes, no new ita34.

I suppose if they were unhappy with the audit and you submitted the correct documents (so no need for them to request it) but they picked up that you fatfingered some values (like I did, only I corrected it myself) you would likely receive a new Ita34

8BitLife

Nope, it’s a poorly designed system. I just don’t understand why you have to use multiple portals, so initially you submit everything via the efiling portal, once that is done and additional documents must be submitted from navigating hoops on the SARS portal...
You can say that again.

1. Submit tax return on eFiling.
2. Go to different part of SARS website to make appointment (removal of bank stopper/update bank details in my case).
3. Go to yet another different part of SARS website to upload supporting docs for appointment made in point 2????

Honestly, why is there not an option to upload the supporting docs on the same page where you make your appointment???? Why do I need to go to a different portal to upload the docs???

Tman543

Submitted the 9/07 received a letter 14/08 requesting further documents for WFH claim. *sigh* now another +21 days of waiting.
It is now the 13/09 still waiting to wrap things up after submitting further documents for WFH claim on the 16/08

*UPDATE* Finally done and dusted on the 21/09. SARS monies in the account.
Was it worth the trouble? Doubt I would claim again for WFH expenses for my situation. Way too much admin to get a lousy few rands extra.

Last edited:

phenning

Where do i fill in Divident info?
data supplied by FNB is.

Does the Net amount go into Exempt local divedents ?

thanks

Attachments

• divedent.PNG
    divedent.PNG
    112.5 KB · Views: 34
  • form.PNG
    form.PNG
    20.3 KB · Views: 34

Udkoepp1979

Hello folks. It has been interesting to see what your experience with SARS' system has been. So right....I had my tax returns filled for 2020/2021 and then made a correction. I was supplied the latest second assessment - same refund to the amount of R14xxxxx. I was then selected for audit when TaxTim submitted my corrected version to SARS. Then I waited for weeks till yesterday I received an sms from SARS advising me that the case number linked to my tax number has been completed, following to the two letters received by me from them on my SARS E-Filing - letter of completion and letter of finalise. Then I checked the statement of account and I am supposed to see electronic refund there, but nil but the amounts showed negative on both the second assessment and statement of account but I am not sure of what is going on. Must I request a refreshed SOA again? I was advised that refund will take place within 7 days, but I am not seeing the actual date of electronic refund - only the original assessment and addititional assessment appearing on my statement of account No changes or risks found by SARS. What is the way forward?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Hello folks. It has been interesting to see what your experience with SARS' system has been. So right....I had my tax returns filled for 2020/2021 and then made a correction. I was supplied the latest second assessment - same refund to the amount of R14xxxxx. I was then selected for audit when TaxTim submitted my corrected version to SARS. Then I waited for weeks till yesterday I received an sms from SARS advising me that the case number linked to my tax number has been completed, following to the two letters received by me from them on my SARS E-Filing - letter of completion and letter of finalise. Then I checked the statement of account and I am supposed to see electronic refund there, but nil but the amounts showed negative on both the second assessment and statement of account but I am not sure of what is going on. Must I request a refreshed SOA again? I was advised that refund will take place within 7 days, but I am not seeing the actual date of electronic refund - only the original assessment and addititional assessment appearing on my statement of account No changes or risks found by SARS. What is the way forward?
When it shows Nil it means the instruction for refund has been executed and the money will show in your account within 3 days