SARS IT head on leave after disastrous interview

R13...

Honorary Master
I.T Head

I'll bet hard cash this woman couldn't even crimp an RJ45 ethernet cable. Seriously where do they find these scrubs?
She claimed she could splice fibre so crimping should be a piece of cake for her. Also you can be CIO without ability to crimp Ethernet cables because you're hired for your strategic abilities, not skills with a crimping tool.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Means you're sent home on leave for a period much longer than ordinary leave would allow. In most other countries, it is unpaid but I'm sure she's being paid.
They can't stop paying her without going the disciplinary process, which they haven't.

Solarion

Honorary Master
As the head of it I would expect her not to be able to crimp an rj45 cable...
Usually head of I.T requires some sort of I.T degree or some relevant background in I.T. Seriously at least something I.T related.

3WA

Executive Member
To be fair, SARS IT has always been advanced. To show you how advanced they are, update your Adobe Reader to the latest version. Now try to open a pdf from the efiling website. They'll tell you it’s out of date.

SARS IT is so advanced they’re using a version of Adobe that doesn’t exist yet.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
I.T Head

I'll bet hard cash this woman couldn't even crimp an RJ45 ethernet cable. Seriously where do they find these scrubs?
To be fair....I have a Bsc degree in IT, and think I am fairly well qualified to manage an IT component, and I have never crimped a RJ45 cable in my life.

Sollie

Executive Member
wait a few weeks after the election,
she will have another interview, telling us the Chemicals used in the Toilets at SARS come from BEE companies.
or something like the pork used in the Canteen is Kosher and Halal.
FTFY

Ryansr

Expert Member
Such a sad story if true. Maybe she suffered some sort of mental breakdown and they're just protecting her. Mine lasted almost a month and the amount of forms my Psychiatrist had to complete was quite a lot when I got back to work and to this day it's still used to discriminate against me if not only for my lighter tone of skin... :unsure:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Such a sad story if true. Maybe she suffered some sort of mental breakdown and they're just protecting her. Mine lasted almost a month and the amount of forms my Psychiatrist had to complete was quite a lot when I got back to work and to this day it's still used to discriminate against me if not only for my lighter tone of skin... :unsure:
I have sympathy with that story. However protection should only be afforded to someone who has exceptional skills that they bring to a public position. There is zero evidence this person has any useful skills, or brought any kind of contribution to an office of national importance.

This isn't (or shouldn't be) sheltered employment for cadres.

diesel

Expert Member
Good to see your hard earned taxes paying for some useless POS to sit at home doing nothing.