SARS IT head on leave after disastrous interview

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
SARS IT head on leave after disastrous interview

SARS IT head Mmamathe Makhekhe-Mokhuane has been at home on discretionary leave for the past five months, News24 reports.

Makhekhe-Mokhuane reportedly believes she has been placed on leave due to her controversial interview on SABC Morning Live, where she responded to the interviewer with the phrase: "Mam, can you give me protection from yourself."

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah, not seeing an April Fools joke here really....

But wtf is discretionary leave, its not something that seems to exist in this country from what I can tell.

Iamnotageek

Expert Member
If I knew back then what I know now, I would've done everything possible to get a job in government.

Leech this country dry for everything it has. Corruption, lies, backstabbing..... Oh my word, I would've coined it! Now I'm stuck in this reality where I have a legal humble job earning my keep the honest way.

Life sucks.

Chuckmyster

Honorary Master
If I knew back then what I know now, I would've done everything possible to get a job in government.

Leech this country dry for everything it has. Corruption, lies, backstabbing..... Oh my word, I would've coined it! Now I'm stuck in this reality where I have a legal humble job earning my keep the honest way.

Life sucks.
wrong colour

eg2505

Honorary Master
absolute joke, problem is they cant fire her, as she represents a lot of voters,

so they designed this joke called discretionary leave.

as a way to maybe allow her to come back in

and tell us the beef used in the canteen at SARS is actually kosher.
or something as irrelevant as that.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
absolute joke, problem is they cant fire her, as she represents a lot of voters,

so they designed this joke called discretionary leave.

as a way to maybe allow her to come back in

and tell us the beef used in the canteen at SARS is actually kosher.
or something as irrelevant as that.
With full pay? And who is doing her job now? And must that person get paid too?