Sim Sonke

Dean01

Sup Guys

So I just got an SMS on my sim sonke sim card saying that national roaming (via MTN) is now enabled :)

Which officially makes Sim Sonke on Telkom Mobile the cheapest prepaid plan.

Calls to other at 75c
Calls in Telkom Mobile at 29c
SMS/MMS/MB 29c

Data bundles can be loaded as well.

EPIC

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah I got the sms aswell..... Well to be honest cellc is now lying saying they are the cheapest prepaid network for calls....

Wow this is pretty awesome cause it means you can also use the unlimited calls promo too.... :) I love this network. They offering the best value for money in terms of call rates and data bundles..... :)

Now I need to find a nano sim somehwhere...... :)

siyya

Banned
TM has better call rates vs Cellc. Cellc beats TM with Supacharge, with Cellc i do not have to wait for specified time to use free net only minutes or free net only smses.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Cell C was the cheapest for a long time, still cheapest with Supacharge. Is Telkom going to drop call rates again next year after reduction of termination rates or it is on account of future reduction?

siyya

Banned
TM must allow free minutes or smses to be used anytime. If TM does not do this, Cellc gona always have upper hand.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hmm, must get me this sim sonke thing.

Well you can atleast try it out. Good call rates. R5 for 1 day unlimited calls sim sonke to sim sonke or R20 for 7 days unlimited..... I think its pretty decent and since its roaming now thats a added plus.

Telkom Mobile got a decent netowork too.

2013-10-20%2008.02.22.png

oomdomy

TM has better call rates vs Cellc. Cellc beats TM with Supacharge, with Cellc i do not have to wait for specified time to use free net only minutes or free net only smses.

are u sure u have to wait for specific time....u better get your facts straight,

R 5 unlimited all day for 1 day
R20 unlimited all day for 7 days sim sonke to sim sonke calls.

cavedog

Honorary Master
are u sure u have to wait for specific time....u better get your facts straight,

R 5 unlimited all day for 1 day
R20 unlimited all day for 7 days sim sonke to sim sonke calls.

There is also another offer that if you recharge with R20 or more you get free calls to other sim sonke numbers after 7pm. Maybe that is what he was refering to.

Mr K

Is sim sonke on per second billing?
Sup Guys

So I just got an SMS on my sim sonke sim card saying that national roaming (via MTN) is now enabled :)

Which officially makes Sim Sonke on Telkom Mobile the cheapest prepaid plan.

Calls to other at 75c
Calls in Telkom Mobile at 29c
SMS/MMS/MB 29c

Data bundles can be loaded as well.

EPIC

Mr K

Yes it is.... Only per second billing.....
Great thanks.
I need to get one then.
How do I get one?
Do I buy 8ta sim and convert it to sim sonke?
or do I need to ask for SIM sonke sim?

Xzib1t

Expert Member
Well you can atleast try it out. Good call rates. R5 for 1 day unlimited calls sim sonke to sim sonke or R20 for 7 days unlimited..... I think its pretty decent and since its roaming now thats a added plus.

Sadly its only to other Telkom Mobile numbers.
T&C Tekom Mobile said:
Unlimited day calls promotion (Purchase via USSD Menu *180#)
> Customers who purchase the R5 Unlimited Day Calls promo via USSD will get unlimited day calls to other SIM-SONKE numbers, valid for one day until midnight.
> Customers who purchase the R20 Unlimited Day Calls Promo via USSD will get unlimited day calls to other SIM-SONKE numbers, valid for 7 days from date of purchase.
> Only for SIM-SONKE to SIM-SONKE

cavedog

Honorary Master
Great thanks.
I need to get one then.
How do I get one?
Do I buy 8ta sim and convert it to sim sonke?
or do I need to ask for SIM sonke sim?

Yeah you need to get the sim sonke starter pack. Its a starter pack with a blue telkom mobile sim inside.... You can get it at Edgars/Jet/Telkom/Checkers/Shoprite and a couple of other stores too. It has a sim inside that can be broken out to a micro sim or normal sim..... Very cool actually.

Dean01

My question is though, do these roaming agreements allow same priority as that of the networks own customers?

siyya

Banned
I am right. TM free minutes or free smses have specified usage period, from their website.

Last edited:

Mr K

Thanks. Will get one.
Yeah you need to get the sim sonke starter pack. Its a starter pack with a blue telkom mobile sim inside.... You can get it at Edgars/Jet/Telkom/Checkers/Shoprite and a couple of other stores too. It has a sim inside that can be broken out to a micro sim or normal sim..... Very cool actually.

cavedog

Honorary Master
8ta more to sim sonke, I just heard if you buy a sim sonke sim card and do a sim swap with your 8ta more number then you will keep your old number on sim sonke tariff..

i'm yet to try it
I don't know why they made it so complicated hey.... Its just a tarrif plan change why they made it so hard is just plain silly.... To port to them also. You need ID and proof of residence and then you need to go to their store. All the other networks you just sms port and then you port to a new starter pack.....