Skyworth Binge Android TV box

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Seems nice with the network port, but it says "There is no Netflix support". Dealbreaker for me.

Edit: Strange. It says that on Takealot, but on the box's website it mentions Netflix support.

Koosie

Seems nice with the network port, but it says "There is no Netflix support". Dealbreaker for me.

Edit: Strange. It says that on Takealot, but on the boks website it mentions Netflix support.

Quoted from http://myskyworth.com/

"Skyworth Binge TV allows you to access your favourite streaming apps including Showmax, DSTV Now, Netflix and much more directly onto your big screen"

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
Quoted from http://myskyworth.com/

"Skyworth Binge TV allows you to access your favourite streaming apps including Showmax, DSTV Now, Netflix and much more directly onto your big screen"
Yup, youll notice I edited my original post after seeing that.

Saw this on Takealot:

"Please note:
Showmax and DSTV are preloaded. There is no Netflix support."

Seems like it has the same specs as the mibox that I have. If thats 100% the case it will be awesome.

Damac10

If its Google certified with DRM level one it will run the same Netflix app as Telkom Lit box giving 1080p video
Yup, youll notice I edited my original post after seeing that.

Saw this on Takealot:

"Please note:
Showmax and DSTV are preloaded. There is no Netflix support."

Seems like it has the same specs as the mibox that I have. If thats 100% the case it will be awesome.

Sumen

Expert Member
Seems Skyworth has licenced their name to a company in Durban to build these boxes for them.

Damac10

Seems Skyworth has licenced their name to a company in Durban to build these boxes for them.
Lol..thats skelm. They buy box from cheap Chinese and put skyworth brand. There s no company making boxes in SA. They just putting ROM on most likely

LCBXX

Executive Member
Not bad for an AML905X device. There are many ways to get it to play Netflix in HD - it is just not officially certified by Netflix.