Skyworth Binge Android TV box

keithreddy25

Anyone having an issue with the box coming on, on it's own even after a power off? Happening every night now.

Also, TeaTv constantly opens again after I leave the app, I need to start another app in order for it to stop. Any ideas on a fix?

kyton

Expert Member
Anyone having an issue with the box coming on, on it's own even after a power off? Happening every night now.

Also, TeaTv constantly opens again after I leave the app, I need to start another app in order for it to stop. Any ideas on a fix?
I had the same issue on my one box. Powers on randomly at night

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Something weird happened when I connected my keyboard I think. I'm pretty sure Esc use to work as a back button

awvince

Executive Member
Can someone give me the link to the latest working version of Netflix for the skyworth box please

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
That is why my surround sound stopped working because they is no spdif raw only spdif, is they anyway to revert back to the old firmware to get 5.1 surround to work again.
Not easily, but we have another solution we're working on, that you are welcome to test as per our message. We will probably start contacting other affected customers with it this week, as it is looking stable.

Shaneyboy0171

Hi. I live in CPT in parklands and I'm looking for someone to repair one of my skyworth binge box? Any leads? Thanks in advance.

abudabi

Expert Member
Has anyone tried to load TWRP or flash other software?
Or even just booting something off the USB as that seems to be possible with other S905x devices?

EDIT: Other devices seem to have a reset button which makes these things possible.... but binge doesn't (or it's hiding).

Last edited:

xbmcfan

Has anyone tried to load TWRP or flash other software?
Or even just booting something off the USB as that seems to be possible with other S905x devices?

EDIT: Other devices seem to have a reset button which makes these things possible.... but binge doesn't (or it's hiding).
Google Certified devices doesn't allow TWRP recovery or booting CoreELEC, 3rd party OS's because of security reasons, so that will never be possible on this device since the bootloader is locked.

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
Google Certified devices doesn't allow TWRP recovery or booting CoreELEC, 3rd party OS's because of security reasons, so that will never be possible on this device since the bootloader is locked.
Correct. Even if someone somehow wrote another unofficial image to the unit, it would not boot. That's just how it works.

Skyworth Digital Support

Skyworth
Company Rep
If anyone needs the optical fix, please reach out to us by DM, and we will send you instructions. Our sanity testing on this build is passed.