Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Ryan Innes

My LIT box just starting rebooting itself today, was working fine this morning and now it starts up, sits on the home screen for half a minute the reboots.

Have done a factory reset, hopefully that helps

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
I've had plenty of freezes, reboots, no sound etc lately. Anybody have similar issues? Is the Litbox expected to receive by further software updates?

digitalis

Anybody got the DSTV Now app working? My one just tells me to enter a code to sign-in at now.dstv.com/tv. I do that but nothing happens. :-(

shearder

Dstv now is hammered. Utilisation is the problem they cant cater for all the connections

digitalis

Ok. The dstv live chat guy says the problem is with my LIT. Truth is I've never got it working properly. I can cast from my phone but the connection keeps breaking.

deesef

Expert Member
Ok. The dstv live chat guy says the problem is with my LIT. Truth is I've never got it working properly. I can cast from my phone but the connection keeps breaking.
The dstv guy is talking crap. I had the same issue. It took me 3 days of back and fro before they eventually escalated the matter to their back office tech staff. The back office guys did it out quickly. There was some obscure flag set on my account that was preventing the lit box from logging in on their krapie system.

One of the dumb dstv chat people asked l asked if my internet is on. That while on an online chat!

rodga

Executive Member
Go to the dstv forums and ask on one of the threads. They will be able to help.

BaTouSai

Hi anyone else struggling with battery life on the included IR remote? My batteries lasts like two weeks. Is there any fix or another remote that will work on this device?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Hi anyone else struggling with battery life on the included IR remote? My batteries lasts like two weeks. Is there any fix or another remote that will work on this device?
No problems, after I stopped using China Town batteries.

koos

I have two LIT Boxes, had the same problem with my older model LIT, no problems with the second more recent model. I used the newer model's remote to program a Logitech universal remote and it is perfect now