Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

johnjm

Expert Member
LIT data is limited to a very low resolution, if you are using a LIT box, you are going to want to use 720p resolution at least. Which is going to eat your data fairly fast. You can cast your video from your phone to the LIT box tho, if you happy with that low resolution. If I remember properly.
Ah okay, thanks man

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
You can look for Sideload Launcher on the Google store, then apkmirror for Reuters and YouTube.

So I did this and got the Reuters app ... but it's not compatible with the LIT remote :D You can't switch tabs in the app via its interface. I've got a Logitech mini keyboard floating around that has a touchpad, that might solve the issue. I guess this is why these apps aren't supported natively, lol

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
So I did this and got the Reuters app ... but it's not compatible with the LIT remote :D You can't switch tabs in the app via its interface. I've got a Logitech mini keyboard floating around that has a touchpad, that might solve the issue. I guess this is why these apps aren't supported natively, lol
Nope, what happens when you sideload apps made for Touch Screens in an Android TV OS. :(

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Just got a Huawei B618 router, and for some reason I don't fathom, my LIT box does not want to connect to it's Wi-Fi - any suggestions please.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Nope, not unless the LIT box is adding invisible characters ...

Don't use Wi-Fi, as it is connected to switch via ethernet cable, but thought I'd try Wi-Fi and see how it ran.
If you do a fresh setup of your LIT box, it will ask you set up your device with your Android phone or tablet. Assuming you have one, it's easy: it copies all your credentials and your LIT box will connect automatically to the same WiFi network your phone is connected to. At least it should.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
If you do a fresh setup of your LIT box, it will ask you set up your device with your Android phone or tablet. Assuming you have one, it's easy: it copies all your credentials and your LIT box will connect automatically to the same WiFi network your phone is connected to. At least it should.
Not that hell bent on getting it to connect to the router via Wi-Fi, might be that both of them being about a meter apart, might be the issue ...

cpu.

Expert Member
For sideloaded apps thats not compatible a mouse works nicely.

For apps that is displayed in portrait and lying sideways on the screen there's a five year old app (usually hate old apps, but nothing else work) called Set Orientation on apkmirror.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Not that hell bent on getting it to connect to the router via Wi-Fi, might be that both of them being about a meter apart, might be the issue ...
I have the same router. My Litbox is connecting just fine. About 50cm away from the router.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I have the same router. My Litbox is connecting just fine. About 50cm away from the router.
When home - will give it another go, not that I need it, but would be nice to know it does work if needed, LIT box does connect to my ADSL router, as well as the ADSL router at the office.

AdrianH

Expert Member
When home - will give it another go, not that I need it, but would be nice to know it does work if needed, LIT box does connect to my ADSL router, as well as the ADSL router at the office.
Check your 5GHz wifi channel. Sometimes devices struggle to connect to higher channels, my Huawei phone does. Worth a shot.

zordon

I received my Ematic today. So far so good. I will set it up properly next week.

It is nice and compact. View attachment 681585View attachment 681587
Hi @Akirky : how has your experience between with the Telkom LIT and Ematic?
From what I've read, they are very similar except LIT has stock issues and Ematic is more expensive.
I suppose the crux comes down to the software and support thereof.
What is the support like? Do they both run Netflix well? Which would you recommend?

Akirky

Expert Member
Hi @Akirky : how has your experience between with the Telkom LIT and Ematic?
From what I've read, they are very similar except LIT has stock issues and Ematic is more expensive.
I suppose the crux comes down to the software and support thereof.
What is the support like? Do they both run Netflix well? Which would you recommend?
From my experience, they are pretty much identical. I only have Netflix running on the LIT, but have no issues at all. They are both supported by the same company and have very little differences in software. Get either one and you will be happy.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
For sideloaded apps thats not compatible a mouse works nicely.

For apps that is displayed in portrait and lying sideways on the screen there's a five year old app (usually hate old apps, but nothing else work) called Set Orientation on apkmirror.
Lol I also looked for a solution to the orientation issue months back because of a portrait vpn app. Also found orientation set, it loads up at boot and just works in the background.