Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

riscbroker

Expert Member
Lol I also looked for a solution to the orientation issue months back because of a portrait vpn app. Also found orientation set, it loads up at boot and just works in the background.
Oooooh tell me more. Do I just install (sideload) it and reboot the box? Will it just sort out the app that has a portrait sign-in page?

riscbroker

Expert Member
I have Morpheus (yes, it's still working!) connected to trakt, but I can't recall how I did it. It may have been done during the process of installing Morpheus.

cpu.

Expert Member
I have Morpheus (yes, it's still working!) connected to trakt, but I can't recall how I did it. It may have been done during the process of installing Morpheus.
Cyberflix also work. In the Settings.

But I think it's rather a trakt.tv reader he/she is after (like SeriesGuide).

Vetkoek11

Hi all. Apologies if this question has been asked/answered 100 times. I can't get dstv now to work on LIT box. When I click on the app it just goes to a screen with screenshots and a full description button. Nowhere to log in etc? Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

R4m80

Hi all. Apologies if this question has been asked/answered 100 times. I can't get dstv now to work on LIT box. When I click on the app it just goes to a screen with screenshots and a full description button. Nowhere to log in etc? Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
You need to update the Lit Box. That happens when you did only 1 of the 2 updates that needs to be done.

Vetkoek11

You need to update the Lit Box. That happens when you did only 1 of the 2 updates that needs to be done.
Thanks. I tried that, but when I go to check for updates, it says the system is up to date? Is there a way to manually update?

R4m80

Thanks. I tried that, but when I go to check for updates, it says the system is up to date? Is there a way to manually update?
Try unplugging the Lit Box from the wall and leaving it off for an hour or so and then plug it in and see if the update comes through. You can also try and phone Nology and ask for support. They might be able to help.

cpu.

Expert Member
For those with Kodi installed:

**Dstv Now addon in Kodi don't count as a device anymore.** You can use it even if 4 devices are active on your account.

I've tested it for a few days now, without issues. When you start a live or catchup stream a quality selector pops up allowing you to choose the quality of the stream.

You can ignore the part about installing widevine since it's already on the device.

Just a few kilobytes for the addon and you're good to go.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Could I connect this device to a monitor with HDMI? There's no HDCP or anything right?

Scorilo33

Apologies if this has been answered already. Got a Telkon LIT box few days ago and I am struggling installing Google Chrome on the box. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Apologies if this has been answered already. Got a Telkon LIT box few days ago and I am struggling installing Google Chrome on the box. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Google don't want you using Chrome on Android TV... It's actually a conscious choice to remove its use. It'll effect anything running Android TV though... Mi or Shield etc

That said, a while back you could search and install via the PC. Ie search for Chrome, click install and in the drop down box, select LIT.

Unsure if it still works

Scorilo33

Google don't want you using Chrome on Android TV... It's actually a conscious choice to remove its use. It'll effect anything running Android TV though... Mi or Shield etc

That said, a while back you could search and install via the PC. Ie search for Chrome, click install and in the drop down box, select LIT.

Unsure if it still works
Thank you very much. Unfortunately, the device is not recognized on PC (no eligible device) ... so, tough luck :cautious:. Strange enough, I cannot find ES File Explorer as a valid app to install on the box (on PC, the device is also grayed out).

I've seen a question asked few month back about apps currently used but from that list there are quite a few that I cannot find in the Google Play list. Also, I've installed an app last week, which I then deleted and now I cannot find that app in the list any longer. It is possible that an update on the LIT made the device incompatible with some apps on Google Play?

Last edited:

cpu.

Expert Member
Yesterday on both the Mi Box and Lit the DSTV Now app didn't connect. However in Kodi it worked perfectly.

Anyone else? I will reset the apps tonight if it's still problematic.

ridr

For those with Kodi installed:

**Dstv Now addon in Kodi don't count as a device anymore.** You can use it even if 4 devices are active on your account.

I've tested it for a few days now, without issues. When you start a live or catchup stream a quality selector pops up allowing you to choose the quality of the stream.

You can ignore the part about installing widevine since it's already on the device.

Just a few kilobytes for the addon and you're good to go.

Would be nice if the device limit didn't count for Showmax add-on also.