Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Dolby

Honorary Master
Just out of interest, you WANT to use your phone as a remote control?

I can't think of anything worse ;) Isn't it easier to pick up the normal remote control and click, as opposed to a phone?

cpu.

Expert Member
Just out of interest, you WANT to use your phone as a remote control?

I can't think of anything worse ;) Isn't it easier to pick up the normal remote control and click, as opposed to a phone?
I want to use my phone and the remote, depending on the task. The remote's arrows/wheel don't feel like it will last long.

I'm hopefully wrong.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
You can also try the Cetusplay app. It used to work for me on my previous phone but on my new phone it's giving problems. The best thing about it for me was using your phone keyboard to type on your Android TV screen when typing/searching.

Another similar app, which I haven't used yet, and might need to be sideloaded is Droidmote.

Last edited:

cpu.

Expert Member
You can also try the Cetusplay app. It used to work for me on my previous phone but on my new phone it's giving problems. The best thing about it for me was using your phone keyboard to type on your Android TV screen when typing/searching.

Another similar app, which I haven't used yet, and might need to be sideloaded is Droidmote.
This video is very funny, thanks. :D

I'm going to try it tomorrow, but I see it needs a client (phone) and server (TV box) installed.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Which platform did you test it on? Because i have a MX10 Android box that struggles to stream 1080p on Kodi Xenon and Cyberflix. It has a 16gig ram and a 32gig storage
The Litbox streams more than just 1080p...it does 4k/uhd perfectly. I don't know your box but maybe it's your Internet or Wi-Fi speed to blame?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Which platform did you test it on? Because i have a MX10 Android box that struggles to stream 1080p on Kodi Xenon and Cyberflix. It has a 16gig ram and a 32gig storage
Have Telkom LIT box and a Mi-Box, both work at 1080 and both are 4k capable, 4k not tested as I do not have any 4k TV's or monitor's.

Dolby

Honorary Master
If it's the one I just Googled, it uses the Rockchip RK3328, which isn't great (and 4GB RAM?)

As mentioned, the LIT does UHD HDR @ 60fps.

I haven't tried Kodi - but Netflix UHD and YouTube UHD.

Could also be your specific copied file is better quality than the streams above ...

1564123644975.png

Monka

Have Telkom LIT box and a Mi-Box, both work at 1080 and both are 4k capable, 4k not tested as I do not have any 4k TV's or monitor's.
Can you please post a picture of your LIT box PSU as i need to get another

Monka

If it's the one I just Googled, it uses the Rockchip RK3328, which isn't great (and 4GB RAM?)

As mentioned, the LIT does UHD HDR @ 60fps.

I haven't tried Kodi - but Netflix UHD and YouTube UHD.

Could also be your specific copied file is better quality than the streams above ...

View attachment 688799
I will test it as soon as i get the PSU...

cpu.

Expert Member
It's not possible to cast the rugby (live feed Springboks vs NZ) on Showmax. Only series and movies. :(