Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

ct1

Does anyone know, which store has any stock available? There is simply no way to contact them and the shop I was to, is unable to check stock on the system at the other outlets. Still can't figure this out.
Cape Town, northern suburbs preferably.
Thank you.

joshuatree

Expert Member
Does anyone know, which store has any stock available? There is simply no way to contact them and the shop I was to, is unable to check stock on the system at the other outlets. Still can't figure this out.
Cape Town, northern suburbs preferably.
Thank you.
Cape Gate had the other day - I enquired at the top level cellular phone division just out of interest. There is a ground level genuine Telkom shop as well. You can try your luck.

ct1

Thank you for your replay.
I was there this morning and unfortunately no stock. There is a list already, so I've put my name on it, but no one knows, when the stock will arrive.

joshuatree

Expert Member
I was there this morning and unfortunately no stock. There is a list already, so I've put my name on it, but no one knows, when the stock will arrive.
The Ematic box is about R250 more expensive and is essentially the same thing - Nology is responsible for the Lit and Ematic.

patgear

Stock of the Lit box is available at Telkom in Seapoint (on Main Rd)
Bought one this week (Tvb -100 R1099)

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Does anyone know what the maximum video quality is when using Amazon prime video on the lit box?

Eti1

Expert Member
Does anyone know what the maximum video quality is when using Amazon prime video on the lit box?
I couldnt set video quality on the apk I was using. It sucked, the picture quality was like 480p.

No problems casting though, so that's what I'm doing until there is an official prime video app.

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
I couldnt set video quality on the apk I was using. It sucked, the picture quality was like 480p.

No problems casting though, so that's what I'm doing until there is an official prime video app.
Mine goes up to 1080p

Patrickmo

Hi
Does anyone know the settings for audio passthrough on the LIT box (Dolby Armos and DTS X). My settings are:
Surround sound = Auto
Dolby sounds = Line
Digital Sounds = HDMI Raw

Used to be able to passthrough the signal to my AVR but unable to do so at present. the DTS HD is downscaled to DTS and the dolby digital True HDplays as 2 channel pcm. Tried on Kodi and VLC and the results are the same. On Kodi there are no options for True HD or DTS HD.

Not sure if this is related to the update to Andriod 8.

Thanks

Jettafreak

Hi does anyone use the Telkom Uncapped LTE for the telkom lit box and how is streaming and what speeds to you get, got a call from Telkom yesterday, they are cutting the adsl in my area and moving us to LTE.

shearder

I only have wifi in my area worth using. The LTE was a dismal failure. But I'm running on a full 6mbs. Its nothing but it works because its guaranteed. Uncapped. I hit 400gb easily in a month

Last edited:

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Does anyone have the Play Next channel on the home screen? I cannot get mine to enable.