Telkom Mobile - Roaming on MTN - connectivity issue

sgs

I am on a Xiaomi Redmi but the issue was identical on my iPhone. I had to do a sim swap. Luckily, the day I chose to do it was the one where Telkom decided to change their software so I could sit in the Telkom shop for over an hour waiting for my turn.

So your sim swop resolved the issue?

cr@zydude

Executive Member
And here I thought it was my new phone that was the problem. Please update if anyone finds a solution.

sgs

I just drove 16km from one Wifi spot to another. Not once did I have a working data connection during that 16km.

There will be harsh words at a Telkom shop over the weekend. This is just not on...

sgs

And suddenly on Friday afternoon, somewhere between 4 and 5pm, it just started working. I have not had a single problem since!!

PLEASE don't mess it up again, Telkom! :)

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Apparently this is due to telkom having to provision the sim to communicate across new bands that they have rolled out. Log a ticket and ask them to fully provision the sim.

Quicks

Expert Member
Telkom roaming on MTN and Vodacom shows forbidden. I was using roaming on MTN and I know Telkom has a new deal with Vodacom. But neither of them I am allowed to roam on? Anyone else having issues with Telkom as my battery power disappear using Telkom.

marioat1

Expert Member
Telkom roaming on MTN and Vodacom shows forbidden. I was using roaming on MTN and I know Telkom has a new deal with Vodacom. But neither of them I am allowed to roam on? Anyone else having issues with Telkom as my battery power disappear using Telkom.
You don't select it like the previous mtn roaming agreement. It'll connect to TelkomSA R if you've selected automatic network selection.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I've got the same issue this morning.