The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

dabean

Expert Member
Yeah the straps can be annoying. I've gotten pretty good at giving it a twist or two to be a bit tighter while wearing gloves. I hate it when they slip, but I don't mind that my stomach doesn't catch it anymore ;).

Ultimately you'll probably want one eventually though. Optical sensors have their own issues, but they have their place too. I hope to get an Apple Watch sometime this year.

Oh by the way the way I trained this week was by no means healthy or to be recommended, I was just dealing with some issues. I find it cathartic. Read up on proper heart rate training.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Can also recommend this. Had one before the Fitbit and Garmin watches and it is very accurate at tracking any workout.

I just prefer the watch route nowadays because it quadruples as a very accurate step counter, smart notifications means I pick up my phone a lot less and it actually gives a pretty accurate resting HR reading for the day. And it shows me the time

abudabi

Expert Member

APoc184

Honorary Master
Oh man!

What a time to get cold/flu.

Basically just a runny nose and a slimy throat for now but I know it can escalate quickly so I'm going to take a day or two off and dose myself properly.

powermzii

Expert Member
Oh man!

What a time to get cold/flu.

Basically just a runny nose and a slimy throat for now but I know it can escalate quickly so I'm going to take a day or two off and dose myself properly.
oh dear, hope you feel better soon, definitely right to take time off and dose, getting back into exercise too soon has been the cause of many body crashes for me

powermzii

Expert Member
Tried to run yesterday but the body refused, after 2km started getting muscle spasms and cramps... but i feel better now so will attempt a gym session later