The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

nvno

so i started following the starch solution diet which basically means i started eating mostly carbs and veggies and fruit w no oil and very low fat.

dabean

Expert Member
Taking a rest day. Not happy with my blood pressure. Overtraining?

I basically sit all day at work. Only these workouts plus some yoga after. Not that much really. When I get tired I think of Ross Edgley and how his arms didn't fall off.

Attachments

abudabi

Expert Member
Taking a rest day. Not happy with my blood pressure. Overtraining?

I basically sit all day at work. Only these workouts plus some yoga after. Not that much really. When I get tired I think of Ross Edgley and how his arms didn't fall off.
You always jump rope for an hour every day ?

dabean

Expert Member
You always jump rope for an hour every day ?
Mostly 30 minutes, sometimes 45. Resistance band face pulls (to fix internal rotation of the shoulders) for 30 to 45 minutes. Five or six rounds of three minutes on the heavy bag once or twice weekly.

Less than an hour a day 4 or 5 times a week. Last night was lower intensity so I went longer than usual.

abudabi

Expert Member
Doesn't sound too hectic an exercise regime... Maybe work/life stress causing some elevated BP.

abudabi

Expert Member
If it realy gets outta whack then seek some medical advice.. but for now maybe take a rest like you are and just monitor it.

abudabi

Expert Member
PS. Just had a look.. seems to be your early morning ones that are high... the afternoon /evening ones are very close to the golden 120/80 mark... so maybe trouble sleeping/restless nights.

InvisibleJim

Tried to run yesterday but the body refused, after 2km started getting muscle spasms and cramps... but i feel better now so will attempt a gym session later
Well done.

Here are a couple of programmes for beginning running you might find useful

From walking to running
8 Weeks to 5k

When I began running I just started at a slow jog for as much as I could manage, walked whenever I needed to and jogged again over a 5k route twice a week. You quite quickly find that you are walking less and less and are soon able to run/jog the whole 5K.

Make sure you are keeping well hydrated throughout the day. Might help with the cramps. Usual caveats about consulting your doctor before beginning a new exercise regime apply!

abudabi

Expert Member
Nicely done. Wish I could run. Dunno why (no previous injury) but my one knee gives in after 10-12 mins with hectic pains.

Gamer

Expert Member
Nicely done. Wish I could run. Dunno why (no previous injury) but my one knee gives in after 10-12 mins with hectic pains.
I had knee pain (was 124 kg odd at the time) until I bought properly fitted/suited (over pronation for me) running shoes. Then all that stopped.

abudabi

Expert Member
I had knee pain (was 124 kg odd at the time) until I bought properly fitted/suited (over pronation for me) running shoes. Then all that stopped.
Could be. I'm just about at my goal weight but in cheapy MrP shoes. Not interested in paying thousands for running shoes if it's not my primary exercise.

Fcon_Vpro

Could be. I'm just about at my goal weight but in cheapy MrP shoes. Not interested in paying thousands for running shoes if it's not my primary exercise.
Maybe consider just changing your insoles to the type you need, that way you can still keep the price down a bit.

APoc184

Honorary Master
I'm out for the rest of the week at least.

Little snotty nose turned into full blown flu last night. Just got home from the doctor and pharmacy with meds for an army.
Asked nicely by doc to avoid exercise until I finish my course of antibiotics.

:crying::crying::crying:

Keep going guys! Do that extra rep for my part.