The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

InvisibleJim

Jup, bad week for me too. Weighed in at 83. 4KG today.

It seems like I actually pick up some weight if I work really hard over a weekend. I cycled a total of 125KM swam 900m and ran 5KM in total this weekend, yet I'm up from an 82 on Thursday.

I wonder if it's not the 32GI I take when I cycle...
Do you have a means for measuring your body composition - that should indicate if the additional weight is water, fat or muscle?

InvisibleJim

Offspring was in hospital from Wednesday to Sunday which killed the diet and training for me. Leaving for France on Wednesday so restarting on my return
Hope your child is OK following hospital.

Depending on where you are going in France, it could not be too horrible from a health point of view as they do have a tradition of cooking whole foods and realtively healthy choices could be made. Paris IMHO was however a bit of a disappointment from a culinary point of view compared to the more rural areas that I have visited.

Of course, if you decided to indulge in their fine patisserie and sort yourself out afterwards, I would respect your life choices and not judge!

Spizz

Goat Botherer
I'm battling to find motivation to lose weight and its really getting me down.
Everyone feels like this. But once you start and have a couple of good days you feel less bloated and see the benefits on the scale, the motivation comes.

Start off by having 3 meals a day, no snacking in between. Watch your portion sizes and try to get lots of veg on the plate. Then you have daily goals to aim for and you know if you are hungry you will be eating fairly soon.

No point starving yourself. Just try and eat healthy and you will soon have a routine going and it does become easier. Oh, and did I say, lots of veg.

Dedication for a few weeks and you’ll be smashing it. And a few weeks is such a short space of your life but once you get going and feel the benefits and the clothes getting looser, you’ll be well on your way.

BettyDebgrolie

Everyone feels like this. But once you start and have a couple of good days you feel less bloated and see the benefits on the scale, the motivation comes.

Start off by having 3 meals a day, no snacking in between. Watch your portion sizes and try to get lots of veg on the plate. Then you have daily goals to aim for and you know if you are hungry you will be eating fairly soon.

No point starving yourself. Just try and eat healthy and you will soon have a routine going and it does become easier. Oh, and did I say, lots of veg.

Dedication for a few weeks and you’ll be smashing it. And a few weeks is such a short space of your life but once you get going and feel the benefits and the clothes getting looser, you’ll be well on your way.
also I was just wondering... I see a lot of blogs and comments on the net about tea and how a person can loose weight just by drinking tea which I read here

https://healthandfitnesstoday.siterubix.com/is-it-possible-to-shrink-fat-cells/

I'm not to clued up on the whole idea but I find it hard to believe because I try working out and my results are usually slim but I have read that there are people out there that are losing weight by drinking tea and so I was just wondering about your take on the article and your thoughts?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
also I was just wondering... I see a lot of blogs and comments on the net about tea and how a person can loose weight just by drinking tea which I read here

https://healthandfitnesstoday.siterubix.com/is-it-possible-to-shrink-fat-cells/

I'm not to clued up on the whole idea but I find it hard to believe because I try working out and my results are usually slim but I have read that there are people out there that are losing weight by drinking tea and so I was just wondering about your take on the article and your thoughts?
There are no quick fixes. And if there were, you’d soon be back to your old ways and putting on weight again. Counting calories, for me, is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. And it takes time.

I believe it’s not about dieting but rather a change in attitude and habits. It’s a lifestyle change that is required and it’s a change for the rest of your life. And that means eating healthy and regular. Not just cutting out bad food for a month or two, cut it out for good or at least until you have things under control, then you can have the odd pizza or burger and fries.

I still pretty much eat everything that I always did. I have had chocolate this week and I’ve had fries a couple of times. Difference is, now I have less than I used to. But then I’m now at a stage where I know what works for me and what doesn’t.

Every morning I have a two egg omelette with peppers and onions through it. Every lunch time I have a plate of vegetables with tofu or tempeh (I’m vegetarian). Evenings is my main meal and I try to limit the carbs but I don’t cut them out. I have rice most evenings, but I have a quarter of the amount I used to have and compensate with more vegetables. Lots of them.

I limit bread and never really have sandwiches anymore. But if I go for food with my kids I’ll have a veggie burger and fries. No point denying myself, it’s a long term solution.

So just stick to 3 healthy meals a day. Get used to it and cut out snacking. That’s everyone’s killer. I buy those small bags of cashews and if I’ve really got a hankering in the evening, I’d have one of them. Then after a while, it gets easier to go without and you tell yourself that it’s not worth it.

I always think of the Japanese mantra. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now.

Time passes so quick and if you “sacrifice” a month starting now, in a months time you’ll be well on your way.

So just train yourself. 3 meals a day, no snacking, and gradually cutting out the bad stuff and replacing with good. And drink lots of water.

TheAssister

I have been putting on weight endlessly will re start after the 1st of May won't be in town to diet, so hopefully fasting in may helps me also

dabean

Expert Member
Well done to MyBroadband's foremost Jump Rope Enthusiast!
Thanks!

My weight is staying basically the same but I'm building some muscle. I've been doing 10-20 pull-ups/chin-ups daily for around a month now. Really noticing a difference.

I tweaked my knee slightly on Friday (jumping side to side) so I'll take it easy for a few more days.