The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

dabean

Expert Member
also I was just wondering... I see a lot of blogs and comments on the net about tea and how a person can loose weight just by drinking tea which I read here

https://healthandfitnesstoday.siterubix.com/is-it-possible-to-shrink-fat-cells/

I'm not to clued up on the whole idea but I find it hard to believe because I try working out and my results are usually slim but I have read that there are people out there that are losing weight by drinking tea and so I was just wondering about your take on the article and your thoughts?
I know it doesn't seem like it at first but exercise is really rewarding.

You set out to do something hard (maybe you even think it's impossible) and you achieve it. Keep doing that over and over and it spills over to other areas of your life.

Eventually even you (as your harshest critic) have to admit that you aren't that bad.

spargish

Sorry for the late check-in, insanely busy day yesterday.As expected, slightly up slightly after recovering from my stomach bug. 160.3kg

Scary_Turtle

also I was just wondering... I see a lot of blogs and comments on the net about tea and how a person can loose weight just by drinking tea which I read here

https://healthandfitnesstoday.siterubix.com/is-it-possible-to-shrink-fat-cells/

I'm not to clued up on the whole idea but I find it hard to believe because I try working out and my results are usually slim but I have read that there are people out there that are losing weight by drinking tea and so I was just wondering about your take on the article and your thoughts?
Personally I don't believe in anything that is a diet because its a diet its meant to be broken so you are setting yourself up for failure.

Rather get myfitnesspal app and set a limit on it lets say 2000 Calories a day, then put in everything you ate yesterday and see how far you were over. Every time you eat put in the numbers before hand to see what you can/cant eat.

Follow that for 7-14 days religiously to teach your body how much food it actually needs.

After the 7-14 days start including a 20 minute exercise (bike/walk/jog/skipping etc) every other day and complete that for 2 more weeks. Guaranteed you will lose weight a little - a lot of weight depending on your fitness level.

After that start following a program depending what body type you are aiming for and follow that. The Athlean-x man/women program is excellent from beginner all the way crazy advanced if you want to find some hints and tips.

consistency, consistency and consistency gets results nothing else.

LlamaParty

Personally I don't believe in anything that is a diet because its a diet its meant to be broken so you are setting yourself up for failure.

Rather get myfitnesspal app and set a limit on it lets say 2000 Calories a day, then put in everything you ate yesterday and see how far you were over. Every time you eat put in the numbers before hand to see what you can/cant eat.

Follow that for 7-14 days religiously to teach your body how much food it actually needs.

After the 7-14 days start including a 20 minute exercise (bike/walk/jog/skipping etc) every other day and complete that for 2 more weeks. Guaranteed you will lose weight a little - a lot of weight depending on your fitness level.

After that start following a program depending what body type you are aiming for and follow that. The Athlean-x man/women program is excellent from beginner all the way crazy advanced if you want to find some hints and tips.

consistency, consistency and consistency gets results nothing else.
This worked very well for me as well. Even just being more aware of what you're eating already helps a lot!

RogueAssassin

Referencing Sugarman's spreadsheet, you've maintained from mid March. There are going to be ups and downs and plateaus.

You have have lost over 30Kg of weight and 15 of which since the beginning of this thread

WHICH IS A FRIKKIN AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT

Crack on, you got this.:thumbsup:
Thanks for putting things into perspective for me. Last week went better.

Gamer

Expert Member
@Sugarman - check in, 106.8kg (up 0.3kg since last week!!! :( )

A lot bummed, first weight gain since 27 August 2018 when I started going healthy. It was a terrible week though, out of country business trip and had little or no choice in food options in a country where starches are staple.
Back home now, back on track!

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Apparently the worst thing anyone can do for me is tell me I am looking thinner.... I've gone off the rails and up to 85.7kg this morning. *ugly cries*

/ dusts self off, starts new week.
Good for you. It's too tempting sometimes to just keep going crazy when you have a set back. It's disappointing and upsetting, but get straight back in there. A good day today and you'll feel better tomorrow already.

Remember, as my wife says, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" :p