The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

abudabi

Expert Member
Did the wellness day through Vitality and they measured bodyfat using this thing. Regulars would know I weigh myself on a BIA scale (which I know is not accurate.. but at least it's consistant) and I was PLEASANTLY surprised at the reading that this machine gave. It said I was 13% bodyfat which sounds too good to be true considering my scale says 16 and my own BF/BMI calcs tend to show 15.

Anyone have any experience with these InBody machines?
1556037975839.png

EDIT: Above snippet from here
https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/tips-plans/best-and-worst-ways-measure-body-fat

Fcon_Vpro

Did the wellness day through Vitality and they measured bodyfat using this thing. Regulars would know I weigh myself on a BIA scale (which I know is not accurate.. but at least it's consistant) and I was PLEASANTLY surprised at the reading that this machine gave. It said I was 13% bodyfat which sounds too good to be true considering my scale says 16 and my own BF/BMI calcs tend to show 15.

Anyone have any experience with these InBody machines?
View attachment 649248

EDIT: Above snippet from here
https://www.shape.com/weight-loss/tips-plans/best-and-worst-ways-measure-body-fat
My dietician used the smaller InBody and the results seemed accurate to me.
Ive also seen a lot of US based fitness personalities use InBody when they cant get a dexascan and never heard them complain about innaccurate readings.

RogueAssassin

For those of you doing IF. I am considering 16/8. Well, by considering I mean I haven't eaten since 8pm last night and don't intend to until 12'ish or so today.

Is the idea to eat your usual daily calorie intake in the 8 hours, or are you reducing your calorie intake even further (assuming you're using a calorie deficit to try lose weight in the first place)?
So I combine the 16:8 IF with reduced calories. I stop eating at 22:00. I eat a meal at 14:00. Train at at 18:00 and then a light meal at around 20:00.

Even though my eating habits have not been disciplined the past month (I.e not eating as healthily as when I first started) I’ve still lost gradually and maintained.

Gamer

Expert Member
So I combine the 16:8 IF with reduced calories. I stop eating at 22:00. I eat a meal at 14:00. Train at at 18:00 and then a light meal at around 20:00.

Even though my eating habits have not been disciplined the past month (I.e not eating as healthily as when I first started) I’ve still lost gradually and maintained.
Thanks for the reply and info. I read up a bit more online about it today and it makes sense to me. The way I understand it is to skip breakfast, you're basically in a whole bunch of calorie credit by the time you get to your first meal. As your body gets used to this, you land up eating your usual amount for lunch and dinner, but also knowing that you've got a lot of credit in case you want a fraction more, so actually land up taking in less calories overall without feeling like you're skimping etc. I think it's fair to say to be careful not to under eat.
I feel like I've coped really well on my first day. Mid morning I was hungry, but this passed and I felt fine by the time my first meal came along.

abudabi

Expert Member
Meh.. Wasn't very disciplined this week so up.

66.4kg / 16.4%

EDIT: Looking at my graph it looks like I fall off the wagon every 3 weeks :unsure:

jouda

Expert Member
82.2 today. Man I would really like to get to 80 soon. Damn its been slow the last couple of weeks.

Stuey74

89.1. Going the wrong way again, but I have an excuse! Had an accident a couple of weeks back, couldn't exercise as I wanted too. The lame excuse is Easter and a couple of braai's. Back into IF, training and LCHF from today. Also didnt set a real goal this year like I did last year, I think that will help. Just got to come up with a good one to aim for.

t_girl

Now that birthday month is over (and it's overindulging and long weekends), hoping to get properly back on track from this week. Hoping to be back below 100 by next check-in.

beans100

Honorary Master
Sorry, missed a few weigh-ins. Been a naughty boy, picked up a bit.

113kg

Reality check, belt is getting tight and I won't go one hole bigger, so time to get serious.