The most popular programming languages in the world

garyc

Expert Member
It would be interesting to see a further breakdowns per sector. The engineering sector that I work in does not use all of the languages from that list, mainly Python and C/C++. In addition, lots of Matlab, Labview and Fortran with some R.

cguy

Executive Member
It would be interesting to see a further breakdowns per sector. The engineering sector that I work in does not use all of the languages from that list, mainly Python and C/C++. In addition, lots of Matlab, Labview and Fortran with some R.

Agreed - it's like reading a survey on most frequently purchased cars, and finding out that the answer is "blue ones".

Web-Guy

i think javascipt is growing because of frameworks on top of it like Vue and Anguler etc

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master

r4nd0m

Probably mostly C++, but also pure C, Python and R. Big fan of C though. :)

I so envy you. Writing my favorite language, but I can never seem to find postings for them. Do you integrate any ASM with it?

cguy

Executive Member
I so envy you. Writing my favorite language, but I can never seem to find postings for them. Do you integrate any ASM with it?

Yup, extensively. :) Intrinsics where possible, but often just asm.

cguy

Executive Member
It's a scripting language. Run from within the confines of an interpreter developed in a programming language.

I believe that these days it is JITed. Also, scripting languages are programming languages.