The Official 3G Iphone Thread

adamr

Executive Member
does anyone have a date for this iphone 3G ... need to upgrade soon, i think 12 September 08 it will come out

Vegeta

Executive Member
does anyone have a date for this iphone 3G ... need to upgrade soon, i think 12 September 08 it will come out
Yep it will come out 12 September 2080... yeah sorry about the confusion they forgot to add the "0" after "8" on that release date... it should say "12 September 080"
Apologies bud ;)

d0b33

Honorary Master
Just received a pre-registration email from vodacom:
"Our sales team will be in contact as soon as further details become available"

Anyone else got this too - guess it means something is happening .... sometime ... this year .... perhaps :)

Got that SMS now, so they are making progress... I hope.

wazarmoto

Eish. i just got the sms as well. Im gonna get a load of clients walking in asking when its comin. I think im gonna have to get a T-Shirt that says "Ill call you when it arrives". lol

d0b33

Honorary Master
Got another one today, darn this vodacom spam bot.

astrauss

News just in via the MyBroadband podcast: iPhone 3G will launch in Sept 2008

Bluffhooi

Astrauss, you beat me to it!

Yebo, Vodacom slipped...she didn't mean to say it I think, and also gave me stick when I asked why the delay - had to edit it a little to save face.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
I can't beleive I am still with Vodacom outside of my 24 month contract, paying month by month while waiting for the iPhone3G that I probably don't want anymore. If it does indeed come out in Sept, might as well see what the pricing is gonna be then before making a final decision to leave Vodacom or not.

Rendier

Expert Member
I can't beleive I am still with Vodacom outside of my 24 month contract, paying month by month while waiting for the iPhone3G that I probably don't want anymore. If it does indeed come out in Sept, might as well see what the pricing is gonna be then before making a final decision to leave Vodacom or not.

I can't believe you signed with Vodacom in the first place :)

adamr

Executive Member
so is there any 3rd party software that will do turn by turn nav on this phone? heard read something some time back about tomtom offering nav software, has anything come to fruition with this?

wazarmoto

Personally i think the iphone is a waste of time. My reasons : 1) You cant send mms's. i never used to worry abt mms but now i actually send alot. 2) You cant send anything via bluetooth. 3) You have to have itunes to load music on your phone.

e.cachucho

Last edited:

Rendier

Expert Member
All right,
Apples Let's Rock event is going to be held in less than 1hr.
Lets hope that his Steiviness announces the release of the iPhone for more countries, including S.A.
iPhone, iPhone, iPhone!
At the very least here are going to be new iPods soon...

Links to the live-blogs:
Gizmodo-
http://live.gizmodo.com/
Engadget-
http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/09/live-from-apples-lets-rock-event-in-san-francisco/

So far just Itunes, ipod nano and touch... nothing on the release for SA