The Official 3G Iphone Thread

gnomez

What would you get in the iPhone that you don't already have in the Nokia?

- Touch screen
- 8gb more space
- A sleeker, much prettier phone

BUT, you'll also be getting a dodgy text input system if you believe all the reviews. And the 3G side of things might be pretty slow. Not to mention the fact that you can't get one through Vodacom yet.

Are you unhappy with your N95? If not really, rather hang onto it for the time being, would be my advice.

The only thing i dont like about my N95 is the dayem battery life ! normally if i get 3 days out of the battery im happy.
also the iphone looks more 'ubber' :D

Rahl

That's way over the price previously promised. It is supposed to be around 4k.

Wait and see what they retail it at through Vodacom. I am certain guys like Rendier will offer a more competetive deal once they can get their stock locally or have to compete with local prices... :D

fiex

Just got the following sms:

We acknowledge receipt of your pre-registration for the iPhone 3G. Our sales team will be in contact as soon as possible as further details become available.

Wait and see what they retail it at through Vodacom. I am certain guys like Rendier will offer a more competetive deal once they can get their stock locally or have to compete with local prices... :D
They had the distributors on the radio a few months ago and he was adamant that the price would be surprisingly reasonable and definitely cheaper than iPhone I.

Pre Registration email

Just received a pre-registration email from vodacom:
"Our sales team will be in contact as soon as further details become available"

Anyone else got this too - guess it means something is happening .... sometime ... this year .... perhaps :)

web

Executive Member
Just received a pre-registration email from vodacom:
"Our sales team will be in contact as soon as further details become available"

Anyone else got this too - guess it means something is happening .... sometime ... this year .... perhaps :)

Just got it too, bit late sine getting my E71 tomorrow

Rendier

Expert Member

Im making R400 profit. I have never hidden that cost.

I can't help if ebay charges this much. If you don't want to buy then just don't comment. I know it's alot of cash, im not stupid. BUT IM PRETTY SURE IT WILL BE MORE THROUGH VODACOM.

Rahl

Im making R400 profit. I have never hidden that cost.

I can't help if ebay charges this much. If you don't want to buy then just don't comment. I know it's alot of cash, im not stupid. BUT IM PRETTY SURE IT WILL BE MORE THROUGH VODACOM.

Nah, I couldn't resist giving you a bit of grief.
I know you aren't rolling in the cash from this. ;)

SkyMatix

I got it tooooooo! How sad are we? All excited about Vodacom stringing us along with a promising little SMS. Hope springs eternal...

Unfortunately eternal is probably a good thing in this case. I can't help but be negative about it by now. Months have passed. The iPhone is out in most other places. We have an App Store on iTunes. BUT WE DON'T HAVE THE FRIGGIN PHONE. Ai caramba.

gnomez

That's way over the price previously promised. It is supposed to be around 4k.

i've been shopping around on ebay, and the new iphone 3g, 16gb goes for +- 500$ (unlocked) which works out to about R4000+-
fortuanately i have some family in the US whos coming to visit in december, so i'm gonna get them to buy 1 or 2 iphone for me. hopefully the price would have dropped abit more by then :p

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
i've been shopping around on ebay, and the new iphone 3g, 16gb goes for +- 500$ (unlocked) which works out to about R4000+-
fortuanately i have some family in the US whos coming to visit in december, so i'm gonna get them to buy 1 or 2 iphone for me. hopefully the price would have dropped abit more by then :p

Starting or ending bid? I suspect you will find the closing bid will be a bit more than $500.

gnomez

yeah i know... but i mean, even if i get it at between $600 to $650 it's ok.

Pooky

Garfield's Teddy
LOL!!! My mom asked at a Vodacom shop and got the usual speech about there being a worldwide problem etc etc.

Then.... they went on to tell her that iPhones DID NOT TAKE SIM CARDS, and that vodacom had to register each one on their network according to the persons details...

Hmmm.

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
LOL!!! My mom asked at a Vodacom shop and got the usual speech about there being a worldwide problem etc etc.

Then.... they went on to tell her that iPhones DID NOT TAKE SIM CARDS, and that vodacom had to register each one on their network according to the persons details...

Hmmm.

HAHAHA

Rendier

Expert Member

Hmmm.

****... I suppose then I broke my new one by putting this thing called a sim in it. It's weird because it keeps on asking for one if I take it out. Guess I have to phone vodacom customer support because they clearly know what they are talking about...

Seriously though, vodacom employees that talk smack like this need to be executed.