The Official 3G Iphone Thread

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
I hear what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent but remember that Vodacom will more than likely offer this only on a business type contract where you pay R600 plus a month.

Only a small percentage of Vodacom subscribers are on these packages. All the other ppl that don't use so many free minutes etc would have to upgrade and pay what they really can't afford just to own the iPhone 3G.

My offer are for all those ppl who have a regular Talk 100 etc that just want the damn phone :)

Dude, I know you're keen to sell but frankly thats not fair, you dont know anymore that anyone else what Vcom is going to offer - those figures and opinions you mention are purely conjecture and again: your offer has zero warranty and that is a HUGE issue on a device in this price bracket.

BTW: "...my offer is..."

Rendier

Expert Member
Dude, I know you're keen to sell but frankly thats not fair, you dont know anymore that anyone else what Vcom is going to offer - those figures and opinions you mention are purely conjecture and again: your offer has zero warranty and that is a HUGE issue on a device in this price bracket.

BTW: "...my offer is..."

Thanks for the grammar lesson. English is my second language, so I do apologize if my mistakes irritate you so much.

Secondly my iPhones all have warranties.

It's as simple as boxing it up, sending it to Apple and waiting for it to come back.

It's going to cost you R120 to send it to the US and will take two weeks and apple will pay for it to be back in your hands.

I have received dead units before and have used the service from them. Some customers also asked me to do it for them and I did. Not a single problem.

Last time I sent my phone in for repairs vodacom took 6 weeks.

So I guess sending it to the US is a quicker option.

Vegeta

Executive Member
HTC DIAMOND!!!!!!! Much better than the iphone...
HTC guy myself but Windows mobile is irratating to say the least :sick:
DIAMOND has a pretty "face" over all that ugly unstable microsoft byproduct :sick:

Vegeta

Executive Member
Why do you say it is irratating?
You clearly dont use it all the time & use 3rd party apps do u :rolleyes:

EDIT: To name a few, it crashes, it's bloated & slow, interface is useless without the "pen" (not the fancy(touch-flo) face the normal wm interface). When u press the green button to pick up a call there's a slight delay(bloated OS)
To many fiddly options, i like all the options/settings/customization but put it together better.
Finger unfriendly(i use my nail all the time). Small space in rom for BIG bloated fat ass OS. Geez so many things irratate me, i still use it though :)

Last edited:

eaglebeaver

I hear what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent but remember that Vodacom will more than likely offer this only on a business type contract where you pay R600 plus a month.

Only a small percentage of Vodacom subscribers are on these packages. All the other ppl that don't use so many free minutes etc would have to upgrade and pay what they really can't afford just to own the iPhone 3G.

My offer are for all those ppl who have a regular Talk 100 etc that just want the damn phone :)

I agree we gonna get screwed. I also think that apple want a lot of people to have the iphone for worlwide domination prior to android release. So they will try and make it affordable to more people and they can't work out how to do that and make money. Just my thinking and so the speculation continues....

EddG

EDIT: To name a few, it crashes, it's bloated & slow, interface is useless without the "pen" (not the fancy(touch-flo) face the normal wm interface). When u press the green button to pick up a call there's a slight delay(bloated OS)
To many fiddly options, i like all the options/settings/customization but put it together better.
Finger unfriendly(i use my nail all the time). Small space in rom for BIG bloated fat ass OS. Geez so many things irratate me, i still use it though :)

Well im very happy with my diamond. and i use it for everything.

kris860911

Expert Member
I agree we gonna get screwed. I also think that apple want a lot of people to have the iphone for worlwide domination prior to android release. So they will try and make it affordable to more people and they can't work out how to do that and make money. Just my thinking and so the speculation continues....

Unluckilly for Apple, they did not factor South Africa into their equation. The Android 2 will be out before we even get the iPhoney :D

SlinkyMike

Executive Member

I can sincerely +1 everything mentioned here - had the k-jam for over a year and hated its guts after the initial 2 month (I am being generous here) novelty buzz wore off.

Mobile media player is a joke-it simply does not work, I was forced to use 3rd party apps that thankfully did the job quite well but they all cost a few dollars so I ended up pirating which I resent being forced to do... the list of grievances just goes on and on.

IMO WinMo is utter rubbish, I cant even remember the number of times I had to remove the battery in order to unhang the OS and allow me to reboot and hard resets (eqivalent of format and reinstall) were a monthly occurence, soft resets (sometimes reqiuiring battery removal) daily, up to 3 times day in some cases! :eek::eek: Imagine trying to make a quick call (you need to reach someone in the next 2 min) phone hangs, you try to reboot, stupid 'Simon says' rainbow **** keeps turning - no end in sight, eventually (standing in the street now BTW) you remove the battery, wait a few seconds, replace the battery, power on... about 3-4 minutes later you are entering your pin code and loading up the GUI. That very scenario played out several times during my incarceration in the cell of idiocy that is WinMo.

IOW: utter ****!

Unless WinMo 6 is like some sort of rapturous, messianic second coming that solves all of these issues then I am afraid that the Diamond sleek though it may be... is crap based on whats inside and thats not hearsay I used that OS for a while and frankly I cannot slate it hard enough.

Last edited:

Vegeta

Executive Member
Well im very happy with my diamond. and i use it for everything.
I can't comment on the diamond i use the tytnI&II and i've used other htc's in the past. The diamond has a faster CPU which probably helps it feel smoother, and then it has that 3D touchflo spread on top like peanutbutter on bread. I donno have you ever tried working without the touchflo? If the touchflo is that great than i hope someone can "crack" it and "share" with the rest of the HTC community.:D
EDIT: Like the previous guy said unless that touchflo is some kind of messiah with devine powers to turn WinMob into a great smooth & sleek OS then it would dissappoint again! NOT THE PHONE!!!! The phone is AMAZING the software OS :(

Last edited:

EddG

I can't comment on the diamond i use the tytnI&II and i've used other htc's in the past. The diamond has a faster CPU which probably helps it feel smoother, and then it has that 3D touchflo spread on top like peanutbutter on bread. I donno have you ever tried working without the touchflo? If the touchflo is that great than i hope someone can "crack" it and "share" with the rest of the HTC community.:D
EDIT: Like the previous guy said unless that touchflo is some kind of messiah with devine powers to turn WinMob into a great smooth & sleek OS then it would dissappoint again! NOT THE PHONE!!!! The phone is AMAZING the software OS :(

Cool. that is a fare comment.

Bluffhooi

...and here I thought this was the official iPhone 3G thread!

Who cares about Windows freaking mobile??!