The Official 3G Iphone Thread

eaglebeaver

New firmware excludes push email.

According to Appleinsider, the newest beta of iPhone firmware (2.1, beta 4) has been seeded to developers, but takes one crucial element off the table -- push notification. If you'll recall, the new feature will allow third-party developers to take advantage of Apple's servers for real-time push of data to and from applications. Apparently, the feature has been cut from the most recent beta for "further development" with no indication of when it will be reinstate

http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/17/apple-trims-push-notification-out-of-newest-firmware-beta/

Dovi

Expert Member
I really wish Vodacom would send out some form of notification to their stores as to what they should be informing customers when asked about the iPhone release date. I don't think it's saying much for them as a company how every Vodashop I call gives me a different answer regarding its SA debut.

Rendier

Expert Member
I really wish Vodacom would send out some form of notification to their stores as to what they should be informing customers when asked about the iPhone release date. I don't think it's saying much for them as a company how every Vodashop I call gives me a different answer regarding its SA debut.

That's because every vodashop as a different owner, which means that there are different levels of service etc.

I personally think all of them are a bunch of tools.

Vodacom is one of the worst in the world... hands down.

kris860911

Expert Member

Or a price... Or something... They are pretty useless. :sick:

Vegeta

Executive Member
huh??:confused:

me tho horny, me love u looong time. Only 1 dolla

could you please refrase your question/statement into English please!
Dont be rude man! The guy said: Are you sell 3g iPhone only?
So are you sell??? Tell him if you are sell!! :p

Snotkop

Eish.......... sorry. I didnt mean to be rude though.

I just could not make out what he was trying to say. And then in his signature he's got some Chinese importer thing going.

*me finx of containers full of lovely asian wangtais.......:p

Rendier

Expert Member
Guys, I have 2 Iphone 3G's left.

If anyone is interested let me know.

I will throw in a free car charger with the purchase. (worth R450)

Only to the members of this thread.

R8000 = Brand New Sealed iPhone 3G and a Brand New Sealed Car charger.

PM me or phone me on 0834685567.

Rendier

Expert Member
This just in!!!!!

New cost plan from Singtel.

So to anyone out there that think my R8000 for the phone is expensive, here is your proof that vodacom will screw us over.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1696

Total cost on: (including pay in price, monthly subscription and exchange rate R7.90)

iFlexi Value: R13366.80
iFlexi Plus: R18399.10
iFlexi Premium: R38868.00

iOne Plus: R10386
iTwo Value: R11878
iTwo Plus: R16124
iThree Plus: R36592

Crazy prices... Yes you do get free minutes etc but it's alot to pay only for wanting the iPhone 3G.....BUT im sure Vodacom will show them how it's REALLY done :) (KILL THE CONSUMER)

Last edited:

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
This just in!!!!!

So to anyone out there that think my R8000 for the phone is expensive, here is your proof that vodacom will screw us over.

Total cost on: (including pay in price, monthly subscription and exchange rate R7.90)

Crazy prices... Yes you do get free minutes etc but it's alot to pay only for wanting the iPhone 3G.....BUT im sure Vodacom will show them how it's REALLY done :) (KILL THE CONSUMER)

A bit too hasty on the exchange rate there ;). Those prices are in Singapore Dollars. 1.00 SGD = 5.48409 ZAR

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

eaglebeaver

This just in!!!!!

So about R307 a month with 1 gig , 200 mins talk and 500 sms (R1907 pay in)

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Originally Posted by Dovi
Or a price... Or something... They are pretty useless. :sick:

Bunch of frakkers. I've been paying subs for my expired/end of term weekender contract now for the last 3 months waiting to find out pricing on the iPhone3G. Would have converted to prepaid while waiting but the frakkers say that then one cannot upgrade a contract-to-prepaid conversion within 6 months of that downgrade. So in essence, they are holding me to ransom with my cell number. Maybe i should have made a formal complaint, but it's just one of those times when u feel like u r farting against thunder.

SkyMatix

Signing on the dotted line just "feels" so much cheaper than forking out R8k for a phone. Yes, I know when you do the math it probably works out cheaper just to get one through Rendier or some other importer; but I phone a heck of a lot - in the region of R1,900 per month on a Talk500 package (as in, my total bill usually comes to about R1,950). Yes, I know I should look at upgrading to a Talk1000, but I've good good intentions in terms of bringing my bill down. (A little like buying size 36 jeans even though I should really be wearing a 38, just in case I actually get around to shedding some kilos.)

So I'm spending a lot of money on my phone bill anyway. I don't particularly need a contract, but I need airtime anyway. And yes, even though Vodacom squeezes me for every last penny, I might as well just get the damned phone through them while I'm at it.

Yes, yes, I know I'm wrong. The maths prove it: I'll end up paying more for the iPhone on my contract, than if I just closed my eyes and bought it outright. But at least with the contract it'll take two years for me to get rodgered up the rear. If I buy it outright now, it'll leave a nasty red mark; and a rather large one-time-dent in my bank account.

The question is: Am I the only one that feels like this? I don't think so. How many of you will be getting the iPhone on contract? (That's IF it actually ever arrives on the Southern Tip of the (very) Dark Continent!)

Rendier

Expert Member
Signing on the dotted line just "feels" so much cheaper than forking out R8k for a phone. Yes, I know when you do the math it probably works out cheaper just to get one through Rendier or some other importer; but I phone a heck of a lot - in the region of R1,900 per month on a Talk500 package (as in, my total bill usually comes to about R1,950). Yes, I know I should look at upgrading to a Talk1000, but I've good good intentions in terms of bringing my bill down. (A little like buying size 36 jeans even though I should really be wearing a 38, just in case I actually get around to shedding some kilos.)

So I'm spending a lot of money on my phone bill anyway. I don't particularly need a contract, but I need airtime anyway. And yes, even though Vodacom squeezes me for every last penny, I might as well just get the damned phone through them while I'm at it.

Yes, yes, I know I'm wrong. The maths prove it: I'll end up paying more for the iPhone on my contract, than if I just closed my eyes and bought it outright. But at least with the contract it'll take two years for me to get rodgered up the rear. If I buy it outright now, it'll leave a nasty red mark; and a rather large one-time-dent in my bank account.

The question is: Am I the only one that feels like this? I don't think so. How many of you will be getting the iPhone on contract? (That's IF it actually ever arrives on the Southern Tip of the (very) Dark Continent!)

I hear what you are saying and I agree to a certain extent but remember that Vodacom will more than likely offer this only on a business type contract where you pay R600 plus a month.

Only a small percentage of Vodacom subscribers are on these packages. All the other ppl that don't use so many free minutes etc would have to upgrade and pay what they really can't afford just to own the iPhone 3G.

My offer are for all those ppl who have a regular Talk 100 etc that just want the damn phone :)