The Official 3G Iphone Thread

marine1

Honorary Master
Sorry I suppose I wasn't clear enough regarding my questions. I need to know if the iPhone 3G

1. If it can't run Garmin Mobile XT does it have a voice prompted navigation system symilar to the Garmin Mobile XT, and
2. does the iPhone allows one to place a Voice activated call via a Blue Tooth device such as the Supertooth Voice, (and/or does it only transfer the audio so that one can at least has your conversation via the BT device)?

1) No, not yet. Only Google maps which suck.

2) You can only make voice calls via a BT device, no transfer of files via BT.

Cassie8

Thanks so much Marine1, Sorry for the double post, but the software told me that I've to waited 15 seconds before I could post and when I did the double post appears.

1. It's unbelievable that a phone which costs so much cannot do voice promted navigation.

2. I'm a little bit confused regarding your second answer. I understood from other forums that the iPhone isn't able to do voice activated calling. But according to your answer it will be able to phone my wife if I press the BT device's green button and say "wife" (is that the meaning of your answer)

See somebody wants to swop his brand new iPhone 3G for my Samsung Omnia, which now starts to look as not a good idea. I also understand the iPhone cannot send MMS, and only has a 2mg pix camera (Omnia 5mg pix) The Omnia also cannot do voice activated dialling, however the new Omnia i910 can and we hope that this will be fixed in new firmware upgrades.

d0b33

Honorary Master
2. I'm a little bit confused regarding your second answer. I understood from other forums that the iPhone isn't able to do voice activated calling. But according to your answer it will be able to phone my wife if I press the BT device's green button and say "wife" (is that the meaning of your answer)

There are apps available in the Appstore that allow voice activated dialing but I can't say if they're that good compared to other phones.

With regards to proper GPS, it might still become a possibility in future but there are no signs of this happening yet.

marine1

Honorary Master
Hey no worries at all.
I dont think you can do voice calling like you put it. You can however use a BT headset .

Sorry man.

Thanks so much Marine1, Sorry for the double post, but the software told me that I've to waited 15 seconds before I could post and when I did the double post appears.

1. It's unbelievable that a phone which costs so much cannot do voice promted navigation.

See somebody wants to swop his brand new iPhone 3G for my Samsung Omnia, which now starts to look as not a good idea. I also understand the iPhone cannot send MMS, and only has a 2mg pix camera (Omnia 5mg pix) The Omnia also cannot do voice activated dialling, however the new Omnia i910 can and we hope that this will be fixed in new firmware upgrades.

dvius

K I'm gonna get flamed, but please look past the dumb question, cause I did try and find b4 posting...

this thread is waaaaay too long to read the whole thing and search doesn't bring up anything that wouldn't take my less han 2 days to wade through.

Does anyone know where I can buy the new iPHone 3gs (except from Vodacom!) I don't care if it's overseas, cause I can get hold of people, I just wanna know where to buy and then how to unlock the new version that it actually works and doesn't turn it into a massively expensive paperweight...

Dave