The Official 3G Iphone Thread

e.cachucho

Hmm so I drive neither a BMW or an Audi but own an Iphone :D

Oh, no I think you should take back your iPhone. Its a user / car compatibility error. Come to think of it, I need to take my iPhone back too then. Oh well I'll just have to buy a dazzling new Audi A4 (best designed car on the road), with led-headlights of course.

FRTY

Oh, no I think you should take back your iPhone. Its a user / car compatibility error. Come to think of it, I need to take my iPhone back too then. Oh well I'll just have to buy a dazzling new Audi A4 (best designed car on the road), with led-headlights of course.
I'd like to be there when someone uses that excuse to return it.:p

Safrica

been a nokia user forever. Biggest mistake buying the iPhone. My biggest problem is drop calls and low signal, any offers for a nused I phone? Used for a few days
hi. Can anyone give me a idea what this phone is worth and where would be the best place to advertise is.

LancelotSA

Banned
no no i think its more like:

BMW drivers: Own Nokias (all about the brand)
Audi drivers: own iPhones (all about the design and user interface)

The the BB Storm looks very promising, they have certainly gotten it more right than HTC and Nokia, who stupidly make a 'touch' phone but still have to supply a retarded Stylus because some menu options just cant be clicked with a finger.

Ha ha ha ha ha this is the funniest post ever purely because you seem to be a rather confused chap... EVERYONE who knows ANYTHING knows that the iPhone is all about brand. Take that half eaten Apple off it and see if it would have been as popular. Nokia has been making phones forever! People own Nokias because Nokia is cellphones!

Take a look at this graph and let's talk again.... :)

manufacturer_all.png

Raevinn

Apparently vodacom have taken back their prepaid offer? Can anyone confirm this for me?

RaptorSA

Expert Member
Those of you still annoyed by some of the features NOT in the iPhone. Check out this site and vote for any features you might want in the next firmware update, also make sure to check the FIXED page for any features that have been fixed in the meantime (you might not be aware of some of these, I wasn't)
Here's the link : http://pleasefixtheiphone.com/problems/fixed/

guyver

Does the gps on the iphone work well?

I've got a HTC TyTn II with TomTom mobile and it works perfectly for giving directions. Can you do that with the iphone? I'm thinking of upgrading to the iphone...

Thanx

hotmojo

The google maps is useles IMO

Not only your opinion I am sure. Google keeps on promising updates to the South African maps but still f'all. Heard that on a ZATechShow when the Goog launched their local stuffs.....

Ghost02

Expert Member
Does the gps on the iphone work well?

I've got a HTC TyTn II with TomTom mobile and it works perfectly for giving directions. Can you do that with the iphone? I'm thinking of upgrading to the iphone...

Thanx

Please note post 1202

mangopip25

Anyone here updated to 2.2 yet?
Since updating i keep getting no service! really irritating! It comes up fine after unlocking, then after about a min the signal starts going down and then you get "no service"

hotmojo

2.2 running aokay here. Friend has a 3G one with the sim unlocker and it no worky though. Guess he needs to buy another one lol

Cassie8

Can any1 tells me if:
1. the iPhone (3G) can run Garmin Mobile XT
2. can make calls via a Blue Tooth handsfree system (Supertooth Voice)

I apperciate your answers

Cassie8

Sorry I suppose I wasn't clear enough regarding my questions. I need to know if the iPhone 3G

1. If it can't run Garmin Mobile XT does it have a voice prompted navigation system symilar to the Garmin Mobile XT, and
2. does the iPhone allows one to place a Voice activated call via a Blue Tooth device such as the Supertooth Voice, (and/or does it only transfer the audio so that one can at least has your conversation via the BT device)?

Cassie8

iPhone and Voice promted navigation and Voice activation Calling

Sorry I suppose I wasn't clear enough regarding my questions. I need to know if the iPhone 3G

1. If it can't run Garmin Mobile XT does it have a voice prompted navigation system symilar to the Garmin Mobile XT, and
2. does the iPhone allows one to place a Voice activated call via a Blue Tooth device such as the Supertooth Voice, (and/or does it only transfer the audio so that one can at least has your conversation via the BT device)?