The Official 3G Iphone Thread

adsl3g

Expert Member
I'm using an invisibleshield and my screen sensitivity is exactly the same, I can't notice any difference with or without it.

Back on the screen protectors - are there any difference in the screens on the iPhone and the 3G iPhone. Reason is that I need to get new screen protectors as the last one had dust behind it after I put it on and the ones I can get (Gear4) are stated for iPhone (no mention if its for the original or the 3g version)

e.cachucho

I put the protector on and can't notice much difference - the first time I used it I had to use a bit more pressure but then it went back to normal - I am sure the OS detects the fingure pressure and adjusts accordingly.

The iPhone screen doesn't work with pressure. Its a capacitative screen, meaning that it picks up the electrical fields in your body (or finger) and knows where it is on the screen. So if a dead man touched you iphone, its unlikely he could make a call to the afterlife.

adsl3g

Expert Member
Just a quick quest. Is the iPhone 3G and the second generation iPhone the same thing :eek: - I assume it is..

dudleygb

Expert Member
hehe, well, I think Apple attracted a lot of attention and opened itself up for hot competition, when it launched the new iPhone, promising similair features, that the BB already had for so many yrs.
Apparently the iPhone doesn't pull off the, push email and voice turn by turn GPS, as well as the BB?

dudleygb

Expert Member
bb is hsdpa and it has everything, and does it well :)

iphone users = bmw drivers (basically drive/use it cause everyone else does, being a sheep, and do it to be seen, all about flashy image, whilst retaining that gold chain, greasy fish and chips attitude)

e.cachucho

bb is hsdpa and it has everything, and does it well :)

iphone users = bmw drivers (basically drive/use it cause everyone else does, being a sheep, and do it to be seen, all about flashy image, whilst retaining that gold chain, greasy fish and chips attitude)

no no i think its more like:

BMW drivers: Own Nokias (all about the brand)
Audi drivers: own iPhones (all about the design and user interface)

The the BB Storm looks very promising, they have certainly gotten it more right than HTC and Nokia, who stupidly make a 'touch' phone but still have to supply a retarded Stylus because some menu options just cant be clicked with a finger.