The Official NVidia Shield Thread

Herr der Verboten

Executive Member
Please pardon my ignorance but I'm new to the Nvidia Shield Pro and hoping I can get some help on the gaming side of the console.

I would like to set up some games for my son to play but I'm a bit confused as there are games in the Play Store as well as games in the Nvidia Games app.

I don't have any PC games, and whenever I look at a game on Nvidia Games it says I have to own it on steam etc. which I clearly don't as I've never been a PC gamer, however, those games seem way superior than the games found in the Play Store...

So my question is how do I go about playing those games? What account do I need to sign up for? Cost? Are any games free? etc...

The games in Google Playstore are straightforward, download to console, pay and play... but I don't think the same applies to Nvidia Games?

Ideally there are some games I'd want to download and play from Nvidia Games but it seems the games are on a cloud and I need to subscribe to something to play?

Id appreciate the help.
The games from nvidia you need to own first and it won't *just* stream as-is seeing you are in South Africa? I have done the setup, set my vpn to US and it was not good. You will find that the Playstation store is exactly the same as it isn't available locally. Until then it is lets slide show/stutter game...

If you'd like to stream from the pc to your shield you would need a nvidia card for Game Streaming. However, I would suggest using moonlight instead of the GS built in app for better performance.

Looney

Expert Member
I have CEC turned on and my Shield also randomly turns itself on. The problem is, it turns on the tv and soundbar as well.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Installed BBC iPlayer, this afternoon, it is slow to respond, and when I select something, it wants to download it?

Sukkafool

Hi, So I am about to pull the trigger on the 2019 Shield TV Pro. Is it still the go to king of the streaming boxes? Are there any notable issues with it nowadays that i should be aware of?

Leo_

Hi, So I am about to pull the trigger on the 2019 Shield TV Pro. Is it still the go to king of the streaming boxes? Are there any notable issues with it nowadays that i should be aware of?

Pull the trigger already.

Performance is unparalleled. I have a Xiaomi Mi Box and a Shield TV Pro, and I definitely can tell the difference in performance.

But the killer feature for me is the local game streaming. It’s perfect if you use an Ethernet cable.

However GeForce NOW is not available in South Africa. So your best bet is to VPN and connect to a European Server. But you’ve got to accept the 150-200ms latency.