The Shroom Thread

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
OK, well a silly question. Why not the likes of dmt and sal via? I fully understand the rest as I too would not trust a clandestine lab, nor like to vomit before.

Ever tried ordering spores to study?
For the record, if I don't destroy the fsken things nearly daily in summer and spray the **** out of the ground behind my garage, I have enough MG to send an army to the moon every year. Don't EVER think of planting them in your garden, the lil old lady next door has a vein growing at the back of her yard and birds just drop that **** everywhere

GreatHornedOwl

Stop buying capsules & try whole shrooms.
Thanks, I'm SOL right now then, as I'm not privy to the shroom circles around my town & unfortunately it takes a lot of time & effort to cultivate shrooms, both of which I do not have the luxury of, especially since it's hit & miss, as referenced by @krieg & @Ancalagon who so graciously share their grow stories here.
That said, I will certainly embark on some cultivation as soon as my (accommodation & living situation) allows though.
Also buying online is firstly a major rip off since 100g is R100 and secondly who knows what you're getting.

My herb contact said that he may be able to source some shrooms but also made it clear that he can't guarantee anything in terms of type, potency, contamination etc. So that doesn't inspire the greatest confidence. Judging by my (lack of) reaction I reckon that I'll need +/- 2g Pan Cyans to achieve my desired outcome.

Reading this thread has prompted me to action and perhaps impatiently so. I guess that it's really just an immature want of mine but nonetheless...

Don't mind me I'll just be in the corner having a little cry :crying:
j/k :ROFL:

GreatHornedOwl

OK, well a silly question. Why not the likes of dmt and sal via? I fully understand the rest as I too would not trust a clandestine lab, nor like to vomit before.

Ever tried ordering spores to study?

I don't have a reputable source for them boet. I am not willing to wing it when it comes to DMT or salvia. I've got great self-awareness, in order for me to have a pleasant meaningful experience I need to have 100% confidence that I was not poisoned by a profiteering pseudo-shaman.

krieg

Expert Member
Thanks, I'm SOL right now then, as I'm not privy to the shroom circles around my town & unfortunately it takes a lot of time & effort to cultivate shrooms, both of which I do not have the luxury of, especially since it's hit & miss, as referenced by @krieg & @Ancalagon who so graciously share their grow stories here.
That said, I will certainly embark on some cultivation as soon as my (accommodation & living situation) allows though.
Also buying online is firstly a major rip off since 100g is R100 and secondly who knows what you're getting.

My herb contact said that he may be able to source some shrooms but also made it clear that he can't guarantee anything in terms of type, potency, contamination etc. So that doesn't inspire the greatest confidence. Judging by my (lack of) reaction I reckon that I'll need +/- 2g Pan Cyans to achieve my desired outcome.

Reading this thread has prompted me to action and perhaps impatiently so. I guess that it's really just an immature want of mine but nonetheless...

Shitty feeling when you spend money and don't feel anything. I think you meant 1g for R100. Pan Cyans are super potent and by far my favourite but had the best trip on Golden Teachers of all things.

GreatHornedOwl

GreatHornedOwl

Shitty feeling when you spend money and don't feel anything. I think you meant 1g for R100. Pan Cyans are super potent and by far my favourite but had the best trip on Golden Teachers of all things.
I did mean 100g is R100 but was referring to when homegrown, as per your guidance actually. Apologies I wasn't very clear on the 100g R100 portion.

krieg

Expert Member
I did mean 100g is R100 but was referring to when homegrown, as per your guidance actually. Apologies I wasn't very clear on the 100g R100 portion.

No problems I get it now. I only started getting consistent results once I grew my own and stabilised some genetics. Busy with a grow now at the moment first time trying B+ and some blue meanies.

GreatHornedOwl

No problems I get it now. I only started getting consistent results once I grew my own and stabilised some genetics. Busy with a grow now at the moment first time trying B+ and some blue meanies.
Pics or it's not real. :p

I've been researching the cultivation and still pretty clueless on how to start and exactly why each step is done, what an error situation looks like, how to quickly respond (error correction) when there is an issue etc.

Don't you maybe wanna start a vlog / podcast / YT channel with some local SA content on shrooming 101 for the guys and gals, pretty pleeeez :love:

krieg

Expert Member
Pics or it's not real. :p

I've been researching the cultivation and still pretty clueless on how to start and exactly why each step is done, what an error situation looks like, how to quickly respond (error correction) when there is an issue etc.

Don't you maybe wanna start a vlog / podcast / YT channel with some local SA content on shrooming 101 for the guys and gals, pretty pleeeez :love:

There are a couple of good videos on Youtube already with people doing it way better than I ever could.

After you have done a few grows from liquid culture syringes you eventually move onto agar and that is where the magic really starts. Agar plates is also good to check if you have any contamination, so basically after that chances of contamination is very unlikely.

Not sure what pics you want, I have six jars full of oats and about a week's worth of mycelium growth nothing exiting. Blue meanies have been sitting in a jar for about a year and needs to be grown asap. Hopefully having some by new years.

Home Mycology

Got most of my "knowledge" from this guy. Most of his videos have been deleted but still have a few teks on there.

GreatHornedOwl

There are a couple of good videos on Youtube already with people doing it way better than I ever could.

After you have done a few grows from liquid culture syringes you eventually move onto agar and that is where the magic really starts. Agar plates is also good to check if you have any contamination, so basically after that chances of contamination is very unlikely.

Not sure what pics you want, I have six jars full of oats and about a week's worth of mycelium growth nothing exiting. Blue meanies have been sitting in a jar for about a year and needs to be grown asap. Hopefully having some by new years.

Home Mycology

Got most of my "knowledge" from this guy. Most of his videos have been deleted but still have a few teks on there.

I just meant from a local perspective, since availability of the required resources vary depending on region and it's not clear on what local alternatives would be comparable, also weather conditions. Anyway, it was worth a try, if you don't ask you won't know :sneaky: I'd still encourage you to consider it, albeit somewhat to serve my own personal interests. :ROFL:

Yeah, I got the implication that this is really not an endeavor for someone who struggles to keep a cactus alive. It's (alot of) trial and error, hence me trying to shortcut that as much as possible, information sharing greatly helps with this.

Why do you say that Agar is where the magic really starts? In terms of size, (quantity) or potency (quality) or something else?

The pics comment was tongue in cheek, I have seen some grow pics posted here, thought that you might be closer to that "stage" with your latest grow.

Many thanks for sharing the YT link kind Sir.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
For the record, if I don't destroy the fsken things nearly daily in summer and spray the **** out of the ground behind my garage, I have enough MG to send an army to the moon every year. Don't EVER think of planting them in your garden, the lil old lady next door has a vein growing at the back of her yard and birds just drop that **** everywhere
MG?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
How many grams or shrooms?

krieg

Expert Member
I just meant from a local perspective, since availability of the required resources vary depending on region and it's not clear on what local alternatives would be comparable, also weather conditions. Anyway, it was worth a try, if you don't ask you won't know :sneaky: I'd still encourage you to consider it, albeit somewhat to serve my own personal interests. :ROFL:

Yeah, I got the implication that this is really not an endeavor for someone who struggles to keep a cactus alive. It's (alot of) trial and error, hence me trying to shortcut that as much as possible, information sharing greatly helps with this.

Why do you say that Agar is where the magic really starts? In terms of size, (quantity) or potency (quality) or something else?

The pics comment was tongue in cheek, I have seen some grow pics posted here, thought that you might be closer to that "stage" with your latest grow.

Many thanks for sharing the YT link kind Sir.

The agar is great to grow out samples to see either if you have contamination and you don't lose a jar of substrate trying to figure it out or you can grow out a sample and keep cutting out good growth and placing in new agar plates. You can also see from the agar plates the strength and growth pattern of the sample. Once you have a good sample you can cut it up in pieces and place a each piece onto new agar and it will be a perfect clone. Each agar plate can then fill up a jar. You can also store samples like that for a long time in a fridge, simply cut a piece and grow it out again.

As for the weather conditions it does not really come into play, I grow in plastic totes which kind of create the ideal environment for the mushrooms with regard to humidity which is all they really need. I still want like a mushroom grow cupboard in which I can maintain the humidity better but haven't got to it yet.

TStringList

Based on the above, I went and got some capsules (60 X 2) from TBGHF. I've never ever had magic shrooms before, been researching them on and off for the past couple of years.

I've always wondered what it was like to see warped faces, intensified colours, fairies & gnomes tucked away in the shadows, geometric patterns, machine elves etc. Spoiler alert: None of this happened. :confused:

Thursday
No preparation. I tried 2 caps. ZERO effect.

Saturday
I fasted for 36 hours, got my set and setting perfectly sorted and took 8 caps. After 1.5 hours ZERO effect.
I slide another 8 caps open and emptied their contents into my cup of herbal tea. Waited another 1.5 hours with ZERO effect. Ended up having an edible and vaping some nugs which had the usual effects. Trusty cannabis FTW, never disappoints. I appreciate the canna blessings, however was (really) hoping for a new experience that day.

It's not easy or often that I manage to co-ordinate 8+ consecutive hours alone to my self for meditation & reflection. I reckon that TBGHF changed something or I have a bizarre tolerance. I spent time preparing set and setting just to have it "wasted", is a real bummer.

Next Saturday I'm just going to empty the remaining 40 capsules into some boiled water and lemon tek it for 15-20min.

Natural tolerance sucks!!!! :mad::mad::(

Any other practical suggestions to "get me there" with what I've got at my disposable will be highly appreciated. :notworthy::love:

(No silly remarks suggesting DMT, Salvia, LSD, Morning glory seeds, Syrian rue, Tide pods (etc) please, because obviously, and unfortunately I don't have access to those)

Get some Golden Teachers dried mushrooms.
Wake up early on Saturday and drink some orange juice with 2/3/4 grams of the mushroom.
Try not to smoke any weed for a couple of hours.
Report back.