The ZAR Exchange Rate Thread

genetic

Honorary Master
The rand threatened to break through R14 to the dollar on Thursday as the US dollar continued to draw strength from struggling world economies.

By 10:15 the local unit was trading 0.13% weaker at R13.87 against the US unit after hitting R13.9975/$ earlier on Thursday.

"Emerging markets across the board are very weak and the dollar just continues to surge. For now the trend remains your friend," commented TreasuryONE lead dealer Wichard Cilliers.
https://www.fin24.com/Markets/Curre...hrough-r14-amid-emerging-market-rout-20180628

wizardofid

Expert Member
You asked for it :D

1 United States Dollar equals
13,93 South African Rand
I put in a payment request yesterday so will see what happens, but normally takes a few days :( Hopefully the run holds till Tuesday next week at least, as I never quite hit the exchange rate at a good rate.Closest I got was 15.XX odd some thing and missed the R18 run with a few minutes :(

surface

Expert Member

JayM

Expert Member
I put in a payment request yesterday so will see what happens, but normally takes a few days :( Hopefully the run holds till Tuesday next week at least, as I never quite hit the exchange rate at a good rate.Closest I got was 15.XX odd some thing and missed the R18 run with a few minutes :(
Highest ever to USD was R16.9x.