VDSL Upgrade

DanyaalShah

Sounds like congestion to me, especially when you say you get ping spikes in game. Try again around 1am to see how it is when the exchange is quiet.
I'm going to call again later today. Try to get myself downgraded to 20mbps again. Performance was great then

DanyaalShah

What! If these tests are on wifi then null and void...
They were haha. But I've never had an issue with WiFi speed tests in the past. They've always been more or less consistent with cabled speed tests. This is the first time...

wingnut771

Honorary Master
They were haha. But I've never had an issue with WiFi speed tests in the past. They've always been more or less consistent with cabled speed tests. This is the first time...
It's just one more variable in the equation. Once cable tests are fine then you can diagnose wifi issues which are usually channel interference related.

Stiffmeister

It's just one more variable in the equation. Once cable tests are fine then you can diagnose wifi issues which are usually channel interference related.
@MavChat was kind enough to send me a test account to check my speed. I ended up getting full speed through cable with mybroadband test.
I had no idea that Telkom only provided a line upgrade without a package upgrade. I thought it was inclusive. Still gonna downgrade tho, it's not worth it for R200 more

wingnut771

Honorary Master
@MavChat was kind enough to send me a test account to check my speed. I ended up getting full speed through cable with mybroadband test.
I had no idea that Telkom only provided a line upgrade without a package upgrade. I thought it was inclusive. Still gonna downgrade tho, it's not worth it for R200 more
Why don't you leave it as is so you can use a capped account for those "emergencies" when you need the extra speed?

Stiffmeister

Why don't you leave it as is so you can use a capped account for those "emergencies" when you need the extra speed?
I was thinking about doing this but damn the experience really isn't good at all. Ping is just so much higher and I have kids that game so I constantly get nagged lol. Besides that, I download a lot too and the speeds just aren't constant. I know you said check at 1am when things aren't congested, but the other night I was trying to play online, around 2.30am, my ping kept fluctuating like from 38ms to 50ms and even on rare occasions it was showing 1200ms lol. I just need to find out how to actually get them to put me back on 20mbps because I never had these issues at anytime of the day.

Edit: usual ping is 23ms constant