Vodacom Data Balance Utility

Pyro

Expert Member
Shred I support the notion of a web service from Vodacom!

That's what I'd like ;)

Simple username-password combo, or even for added security if they can pair up the originating connection with an account.

Simply returns basic "how much left", or if required more verbose information.
Total-Left-Expirydate for all the active 'bundles'.

All you need, and you can do all kinds of funky with it :)

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
We did construct a lite page for bundle info a few years ago based on requests from this forum.

This does not seem to be working for Pre-Paid. It shows the cash amount left and SMS bundles, but nothing about the data bundles. Can you get the web guys to update it?

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
This does not seem to be working for Pre-Paid. It shows the cash amount left and SMS bundles, but nothing about the data bundles. Can you get the web guys to update it?

Won't you drop me a mail about it, please.

rodga

Honorary Master
i guess it will for topup contract users too once it sorted for prepaid

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Will do. I suspect the problem is that under full v4me on contract to see you balances you have to go to:
My Account | Account Info

And prepaid you need to go to:
My Account | Data Bundles

Mail sent, with screen shots nogals! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

vodacom3g

Vodacom Representative
Will do. I suspect the problem is that under full v4me on contract to see you balances you have to go to:
My Account | Account Info

And prepaid you need to go to:
My Account | Data Bundles

Mail sent, with screen shots nogals! ;)

Working now?

jamezjunk

Is there any chance of getting a lite version of the vodacom4me for sending text messages as well? Would love to skip some of the steps of being able send a message online.

VodacomData

Vodacom Representative
Company Rep
Is there any chance of getting a lite version of the vodacom4me for sending text messages as well? Would love to skip some of the steps of being able send a message online.

Hi

Maybe Ginggs would be able to assist and write some software in his free time.:D

Regards
VodacomData

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
All very well being able to see that data bundle etc. but it would be really useful to understand WTF is displayed there... between contract data bundled / rolling over / currently using and ad-hoc/bolt on use/used I honestly have ZERO (see that? -> an actual number that actually means something... without needing to interpret) clue as to whether or not I am in or out of bundle at the moment.

Add to that the fact that *111# and SMS to 31050 each tell a different story and you have THREE (see?) versions of the truth, one of which is indecipherable.

Oomtas

All very well being able to see that data bundle etc. but it would be really useful to understand WTF is displayed there... between contract data bundled / rolling over / currently using and ad-hoc/bolt on use/used I honestly have ZERO (see that? -> an actual number that actually means something... without needing to interpret) clue as to whether or not I am in or out of bundle at the moment.

Add to that the fact that *111# and SMS to 31050 each tell a different story and you have THREE (see?) versions of the truth, one of which is indecipherable.

WTF

Did you just say you typing like you on a treadmill out of breathe.....plus i cant make out what you saying are you making a statement or asking for help :eek:

Corical

I have not used the application yet, but it might be more re-assuring if Vodacom could pair up userid with perhaps an API key, that'll let the application correctly identify the user and expose certain methods.

What this boils down to, is you do not have to enter username and password (not that I do not trust nield) but yea, that's how Eve (mmorpg) exposes your data on your character to Evemon, with userid and API key combination, the key basically just gives the application limited access. So with that access criteria ppl can't exactly log on to the site itself.

This is obviously much more work and scope creeping on the initial idea (which was great, kudos to dev).

SlinkyMike

Executive Member
WTF

Did you just say you typing like you on a treadmill out of breathe.....plus i cant make out what you saying are you making a statement or asking for help :eek:

Caffeine.

What I was saying is that Vodacoms webpage has a bunch of data displayed. None of it is worthy of being described as information because of the needless complexity of their rollover setup.

P.S.: Statement.

Antonf

Expert Member
Hi

Maybe Ginggs would be able to assist and write some software in his free time.:D

Regards
VodacomData

Why not dump VMC and appoint Ginggs to add a few bells and whistles to MDMA, including balance checking, etc? MDMA works, has a small footprint, gives more information than VMC can hope to, and more importantly - the data counter is very accurate...