Vodacom Network Connectivity Issue on Apps

dyllindd

Good Day Everyone,

I could really use some advice please. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Vodacom on contract. I am curently experiencing the following issues:

• Cannot send and receive media through Whatsapp on mobile data (Wi-Fi works fine)
  • Facebook media doesn't show media on mobile data (Wi-Fi works fine)
  • Google Chrome keeps on giving me a "ERR CONNECTION RESET" message when trying to access websites
  • Google Maps connect as and when it wants to

Steps already tried:
  • Confirm that access permissions are allowed for the apps
  • Reinstall internet apn settings from Vodacom
  • Perform factory reset on device

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am very reluctant to take the phone in as Vodacom can't even seem to get a contract upgrade right anymore. Nevermind, diagnose and repair a phone.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Good Day Everyone,

I could really use some advice please. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Vodacom on contract. I am curently experiencing the following issues:

• Cannot send and receive media through Whatsapp on mobile data (Wi-Fi works fine)
  • Facebook media doesn't show media on mobile data (Wi-Fi works fine)
  • Google Chrome keeps on giving me a "ERR CONNECTION RESET" message when trying to access websites
  • Google Maps connect as and when it wants to

Steps already tried:
  • Confirm that access permissions are allowed for the apps
  • Reinstall internet apn settings from Vodacom
  • Perform factory reset on device

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am very reluctant to take the phone in as Vodacom can't even seem to get a contract upgrade right anymore. Nevermind, diagnose and repair a phone.
If possible get a prepaid sim card (any network) and load a data bundle or try your current sim card in any other phone and see if mobile network works.

Don't know if it's possible but seems like they didn't provision your sim for data at all?

dyllindd

If possible get a prepaid sim card (any network) and load a data bundle or try your current sim card in any other phone and see if mobile network works.

Don't know if it's possible but seems like they didn't provision your sim for data at all?
Thank you. I will try that tonight as I don't currently have another sim that fits. However I have been on this contract and sim for 11 years. And it is only in the last month that I have been having problems.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Thank you. I will try that tonight as I don't currently have another sim that fits. However I have been on this contract and sim for 11 years. And it is only in the last month that I have been having problems.
How long have you had the phone, longer than you've been experiencing the issue?

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Go into your APN settings and check that it is set to "internet"

Make sure that all other fields are blank and there is no proxy details filled in. Save it and test again.

dyllindd

Go into your APN settings and check that it is set to "internet"

Make sure that all other fields are blank and there is no proxy details filled in. Save it and test again.
No luck unfortunately. However we upgraded my son's phone a few weeks back and opted for a content block. Seems like mister Vodacom consultant in his infinite wisdom put the block on all of the numbers as my wife can't even access online banking via mobile data, and knowing VC I will probably have to visit one of their useless branches about 9 times and threaten 5 store managers to get one of the 4 numbers unblocked.

Guys why is Vodacom so useless!