Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
3G problem

Thanks Syndyre. Late at night the last thing that comes to mind is 155.
I called them this morning and it is working again now.
 
V3G, please check for a PM from me yeterday. Still no HSDPA... only GPRS.
And it is a beautiful clear day in JHB, so not the weather affecting anything.
 
No 3G/3.5G in Bryanston

When the power went out this morning, all towers (that I connect to) dropped to GPRS only. At this point in time, with the power being back on for about 4 hours, I still only get GPRS signal.

Anyone with the same problem
 
3G Durban - Cant connect?

Anyone else having this problem today (10/10/2007) on the Vodacom Network in the Durban area (morningside)? I keep getting a "Error 668: The Connection was terminated"

Edit:

MTN is woking fine!
 
For what it's worth, my HSDPA connection still is shot, with pings now over 600ms to the UK where they used to be 280ms. The worst part of it all is that I now have to phone the call center where someone with way less (possibly none at all) knowledge in networking are gonna tell me to restart my notebook, yadda, yadda... works fine 5 km down the road in my office during the day but when i get home it gets super slow.
 
Langebaan no 3G

I have had no 3G since this morning here in Langebaan. I had something very early and then there was nothing, only GPRS. This is on both my phone and data card. Since the last problems I had a few months ago, it has been very good. That was until today. I have logged a call with 155.

We did have a power cut this morning at 8am, could this have affected it?
 
My connection has been been switching between HSDPA, 3G and no signal since yesterday. Not much I can do considering I'm on a fringe area:(

@V3g, any idea on improvements down here?:)

Problem still continuing - have to switch to "GPRS only" when lose 3G/HSDPA signal. Also getting a number of disconnects.:(:(:(
 
Last edited:
After running full speed uninterrupted all day on Saturday I am now back to slow, server resets and hangs today.... will this service ever be stable again?
 
After running full speed uninterrupted all day on Saturday I am now back to slow, server resets and hangs today.... will this service ever be stable again?

There is an old song that we always use to sing and I believe it fit's very well over here.

Don't give up you're on the brink of a miracle ............ So hang in there, but not with a tight rope around your neck.:D
:cool:

I had a go slooooooow at around 15-17 hours on 16/10/2007. Out of frustration & with my 6th sense I decided to shutdown count too 10 & power-up again & guess what it actually worked, i could not believe it, it has to be a VC problem! I was like a little boy with a BIG new toy.;):D
:cool:
 
Vodacom network in Bryanston screwed again today (had power load shedding yesterday). Voice calls are dropping and unable to connect on 3G/HSDPA
 
After singing Vodacom's praises during my first month on 3G HSDPA, I now have to swallow my words and state here that the speeds have been deteriorating progressively over the past two weeks.

At the moment I am sending mail at approximately 5 kB/s and downloading between 2 and 8 kB/s, whilst connected at 3G HSDPA.

Whereas, initially, the connection was pretty stable (with no disconnects), it now regularly jumps between 3G and HSDPA, with frequent disconnects.

I am 200 metres from the tower, by the way ... and have made no changes on my side.


VC speed test:
Download Speed: 423 kbps (52.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 226 kbps (28.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

http://myvoipspeed.visualware.com/vr/iad.html
Download Speed: 236 kbps
Upload Speed: 116 kbps

:(
 
"After singing Vodacom's praises during my first month on 3G HSDPA, I now have to swallow my words and state here that the speeds have been deteriorating progressively.."

I have to agree on this. Last night (Bellville, CT) is was the old reconnect issue, frequent disconnects, dial-up download speeds - pretty frustrating. It is great when it works but very unreliable (mail server issues as well). I am going to try MTN now.

Pagel
 
Had no data throughput since last night 8pm. Was using PPDB. Got to work now, had to change to Contract.
 
3G is much like dialup here today but not as fast! :mad:

Seems Vodacom can't hold the network up for longer than a couple of weeks at a time!

What with rolling blackouts and Vodacom down time, its getting hard to use up pre-paid data bundles!

I've noticed that even when I lost service for two complete days a month ago no one in Vodacom seems to have the authority to extend the life of a data bundle! Odd! :confused:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X