Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durban's a big place - you've gotta be more specific ;)

-Durban CBD (INTERNETVPN APN)(3G/HSDPA):NO DATA WAS BEEN RECEIVED

-Umhlanga (INTERNETVPN APN)(3G/HSDPA):NO DATA WAS BEEN RECEIVED

-Ballito/la mercy had no connection (ALL APN)(EDGE/3G):NO DATA WAS BEEN RECEIVED OR SENT

:D NOW YOU KNOW WHERE IN BIG DURBAN IT HAPPENED
 
Last edited:
Ahhhh please help me. E220 modem

our company recently bought 5 3G modems prepaid with 1gig on the sims. Mine worked for 4 months. It suddenly stopped getting 3G signal and will only connect to 2g Voda cell c and MTN. No 3G option what so ever. I installed firmware upgrade still nothing. My cell phone gets 3G and i can connect via that way, I have even sent the modem back to Vodacare shop as my sim works in another Modem and not mine and vice versa.....now the plot thickens i used someone elses modem and it worked at home for 2 hours and now it too does the same thing.......is it my PC buggering these things up? is that possible?


Please help...work going down the drain.
 
My VMC that came with the disc will not run either. Says fatal error during installation......it wont let me reinstall or take off my system as it says its locked...wtf......nice voda
 
My VMC that came with the disc will not run either. Says fatal error during installation......it wont let me reinstall or take off my system as it says its locked...wtf......nice voda

Not Vodacom, your machine ;)
 
i think i am going to shoot my modem..sigh..will take it all to customer care and see if they can sort it...

lol iam3g

i have full 3.5g on my cell but my modem wont even get full 2g......is there a hardware problem at all associated with these modems?

and is it possible there is a problem with my usb ports that affects the modems...?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting endless page reset errors when trying to access mybroadband.co.za. speed.vodacom.co.za is also giving me terrible results. internet APN, PPDB.

I have had to resort posting this from my MTN SIM.
 
V3G,
I have run some tests and the first impressions are that everyhting is running smoother. I wil continue testing for another week or so. Ran some tests on Vodacoms site and speedtest, there is quite a difference in speed between the firware versions(older seems to be better). Downloads are faster and iTunes is not rebuffering when trying to listen to some music.
 
No vodacom3G

I cannot connect to Vodacom 3G. Is there a network problem?

I am living in Parow.

MTN 3G works fine.
 
  1. Error message(s)?
  2. Pre-paid or contract SIM Card?
  3. Data Bundle & remaining balance >0MB if PPDB?
  4. Are you using the [searchforum]3GOnly[/searchforum] profile setting, what happens if you try 2GOnly or one of the 'Preferred' profile settings?


I am on 2GB data contract. Must be the power outages because my HTC Tytn also don't want to connect not on GPRS or 3G.
 
So i was right in that one thread i mentioned(wasnt 100% sure) that power outages have a slight effect on connectivity, coverage, etc.?

All the kit is supposed to be on UPS / generators but obviously these systems fail at times.

Especially, as in this case, when the people you're co-hosting with generators' does not work.....
 
vodacom3g, I am sitting in Wynberg cape town.

Earlier this morning I could not connect and now if I connect I only get GPRS.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks :)
 
I live in Brackenfell and I'm still on GPRS. This is not a problem with my hardware as my E220 and phone both pick-up 3G in Bellville.I'm also having trouble accessing Vodacom's website.

When will this be sorted out? The 3G problem that is?
 
I live in Brackenfell and I'm still on GPRS. This is not a problem with my hardware as my E220 and phone both pick-up 3G in Bellville.I'm also having trouble accessing Vodacom's website.

When will this be sorted out? The 3G problem that is?

There was quite a knock-on effect of the power cut and the guys worked throughout the night to get all the services back up again. I'm told all well now.

Still seeing problems?
 
There was quite a knock-on effect of the power cut and the guys worked throughout the night to get all the services back up again. I'm told all well now.

Still seeing problems?

V3g, I'm still on GPRS. I'll give Vodacom a call today. See what they say.

Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X