Vodacom Problems: Slow Throughput, trying to Connect, DNS, High Latency

Status
Not open for further replies.
+100
There SHOULD be an option for network related queries (some of us do know whether it is a harware problem or not).
 
@Vodacom3G

I tried to call 155 last night and there was a message "Vodacom is experiencing intermittent problems with 3G and GPRS. This may affect email, downloading and internet browsing"

Now what use is that? I tried to connect about 100 times from 18:00 to 22:00 and could not connect once. Intermittent my backside. It was a complete FAIL.

Anyway I tried to call 155 to get my hands on a consultant. What is the magic password to get to one? I don't need help setting up my connection, I don't want to connect to the VLive portal, I don't care about blackberry stuff and NO, I don't have a iBust modem.

Please Vodacom3G, if my connection just sommer stops working and I want to find out if Vodacom is having a bad day who do I call?

When I did choose the option to "Speak to a consultant" I am told that for quality purposes my call my be recorded then it is dropped?

Anyway, my little rant. I just want to know who at 155 to call to get network status info...

+100
There SHOULD be an option for network related queries (some of us do know whether it is a harware problem or not).


Count me in with that idea.
 
As explained before, there's some trade off between having every option on the IVR vs. making it quicker to navigate. The first time you have to listen to 100 options you're going to be pretty peeved.....;)

ANY data-related query will fall under the 'data-card / data-modem' option, so use that to get feedback.

If there is a general problem that affects people country-wide, they'll put it on the IVR welcome message so you don't need to hold on to get the feedback.

The problems we had last night had a few symptoms including calls being dropped in the IVR and authentication for pre-paid subs.
 
As explained before, there's some trade off between having every option on the IVR vs. making it quicker to navigate. The first time you have to listen to 100 options you're going to be pretty peeved.....;)

ANY data-related query will fall under the 'data-card / data-modem' option, so use that to get feedback.

If there is a general problem that affects people country-wide, they'll put it on the IVR welcome message so you don't need to hold on to get the feedback.

The problems we had last night had a few symptoms including calls being dropped in the IVR and authentication for pre-paid subs.

Can't there be an immediate option to speak to a consultant though? Often you have to go through the whole menu and then the sub-menu's etc. when you know you really need to speak to someone.
 
Can't there be an immediate option to speak to a consultant though? Often you have to go through the whole menu and then the sub-menu's etc. when you know you really need to speak to someone.

What usually works for me is Pressing 0 to skip the welcome message, then 3, then 1, 0. I immediately get someone who knows what he/she's doing :)
 
As explained before, there's some trade off between having every option on the IVR vs. making it quicker to navigate. The first time you have to listen to 100 options you're going to be pretty peeved.....;)

ANY data-related query will fall under the 'data-card / data-modem' option, so use that to get feedback.

If there is a general problem that affects people country-wide, they'll put it on the IVR welcome message so you don't need to hold on to get the feedback.

The problems we had last night had a few symptoms including calls being dropped in the IVR and authentication for pre-paid subs.

Vodacom3G, could you please call 155 and figure out what set of options get you to that point? I got a bit tired of trying last night. 3310 seems the best option but I could not confirm it last night as my call was dropped the moment I was supposed to speak to a human... :D
 
Can't there be an immediate option to speak to a consultant though? Often you have to go through the whole menu and then the sub-menu's etc. when you know you really need to speak to someone.

I can understand why Vodacom does not have this option. If you can bug a consultant that easily nobody would use the other menus.

What I want is something along the lines of:

For information about Vodacom 3G and GPRS data services, press ...
-setup
-packages
-options
-bla bla bla
-If you are experiencing difficulties connecting to the Vodacom network, please press X
--If you have previously set up your connection and it stopped working please press X

--If you have not set up a connection yet, please press Y
--If you bought a new computer/modem/phone and cannot connect, press Z
--bla bla bla
 
how do u put up an antenna if u have a e220 huawei POS?

I 'll have to say to those people living in dodgy coverage areas before they leap into buying a modem blindly-just get an E272 with the cradle then buy an external antenna which plugs directly into the cradle.
 
Enlightenment

Again just now. I'm in a major online poker tournament and at the crucial moment Vodacoms fcks it up! I'm swearing like a sailor from frustration. God help me Vodacom you are pushing me too far. I'm going to come down to your offices and shove this modem and a fcking bullet down your throats.

Dear Sir ,

YOU have just shown me the error of my ways , and for that I thank you. Your pain must be great as is all of ours. However physical threats and bullets often cause MORE pain and do not lead to the solution you seek. In the great sum of pain it is perhaps better to be grateful for the small part that you have rather than the bigger part you could have.


the PHILOSOPHISNG one
 
Cant connect. Running on dial-up at the moment. I get either the red or blue flashing lights but it will not connect. Even wap wont connect.
 
GPRS is a disgrace in bloem atm so I'm guessing the problem is still there :)

PS: got my E51 today so no more GPRS worries after the 16 hour charge :cool:
 
I am having an extremely frustrating time tonight. Takes forever to connect, many 619 errors, and then the connection frequently only gives me "local" connection, no internet. When I do get a connection, it seems to last only a few minutes.
I'm in Westdene, Johannesburg.
V3G, please tell me what's going on!
 
Not sure yet what the problem is but it seems to be traveling around the country. Started in Central, then popped up in Kzn and now in Gauteng.

Lots of people running around.....

They've made some changes to try and help while the underlying causes are sorted, so let me know if it gets better in those 3 regions.
 
Seems to have improved here in Bloem. The latency is bad (on mxit) but at least it doesn't disconnect the whole time (as it did earlier).
V3G, are the problems related to the new fibre ring in PTA by any chance?
 
Seems to have improved here in Bloem. The latency is bad (on mxit) but at least it doesn't disconnect the whole time (as it did earlier).
V3G, are the problems related to the new fibre ring in PTA by any chance?

No, don't think so.

When you guys rolled up the streets for the night, in Bloem, it seems you broke something. This then caused a knock-on effect from Bloem, to Durbs to Midrand.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X