arf9999
MyBroadband Member
Could someone replace the streets in Bloem so that I can use the web in Jo'burg?
I connect but no DNS, No throughput...
I connect but no DNS, No throughput...
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
DNS errors abound again this evening. For some reason I decided to call 155 and had to fight tooth and nail to not get them to make millions of changes and check all my settings. After speaking to the supervisor they agreed to simply log the call.
IP: 10.60.9.52. PPDB, internet APN. Things were working from about 17:30 till 19:00ish. Been broken since then. Can't resolve anything. usual story... ref# s2-q7g3ddkcny
PS. Interestingly enough my SO's iphone can connect, so its either only affecting PP or 3G (iPhone EDGE only).
So you can connect on GPRS/EDGE, but not 3G? Sounds a lot like the problems I've been having:PS. Interestingly enough my SO's iphone can connect, so its either only affecting PP or 3G (iPhone EDGE only).
Having trouble connecting to Vodacom in the 'hood on pre-paid, tried both internet and internetvpn APNs. There seems to be a long pause while the 'Registering your computer on the network' message is displayed, then the old 619.
Once I did manage to connect, but all DNS queries timed out. Been happening since about 21:00.
Update:
Continued until about 22:00. I tried again now (22:30); first time I connected got DNS timeouts, second time I was in.
I had this problem again last night around midnight. I tried connecting on GPRS/EDGE Only and got through first time, I was then able to change my connection type to 3G Only and continue surfing without any problem.
Is it possible that one can't authenticate on 3G but can on GPRS/EDGE, or was it just a coincidence?
OT: I now seem to be able to change from 3G to GPRS/EDGE without dropping my connection on pre-paid.
I don't think it's a coincidence, tonight I got three 619 errors in a row attempting to connect on 3G, then connected first time on GPRS/EDGE.
It's just happened again to me now.
Three failed connection attempts on 3G in a row (long pause while authenticating, then 619 error).
I then switched to GPRS/EDGE Only and connected first time.
I called up the mybroadband homepage, then disconnected (voluntarily).
I switched back to 3G Only and got another three failed connection attempts, same as before.
I switched back to GPRS/EDGE Only and connected first time and am now posting this.
@v3g: Any feedback on what could be causing this? My 3G signal strength is pretty high, around -63dBm.
APN / contract type on iPhone?
Did you try connecting on GPRS/EDGE Only?Same problem as Morkhans here. Just could not get past the DNS errors last night from about 8 p.m. to at least 12 p.m. It was worse than Thursday night - I tried repeatedly, and couldn't once get beyond "local" access, although my signal strength is very good.