Is your modem getting enough power from the USB port?![]()
It's a PCMCIA card in a Linksys router.
Maybe if I install a "port blocker" it will resolve my problem
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Is your modem getting enough power from the USB port?![]()
Still getting disconnects with a splash of DNS time-outs and a sprinkling of zero throughput.
My diginet line have been flapping all day. Will check if there's a wider problem.
Please. I have just had another session of zero throughout and had to disconnect/reconnect to get online.
Are the upgrades all done now, or are the guys still tinkering?
Done in your area, now busy in the Southern subs.
I am still having endless problems with throughput, disconnects and DNS time-outs.
OK, won't you mail me the details with all your contact details?
I (and some of my colleagues) are having problems with throughput and disconnects. I connect in Newlands and Pinelands with similar results. Really poor now. Used to work well.
what is your sig?
Here's a bit of a weird problem i have.
I'll start by asking, what APN the Vodafone UK APN uses?
My morning started at 9am like every other morning. But this time with 5 customers. All with the EXACT same issue. DNS errors. They can all connect, but they cannot browse the internet.
The first 2 customers i assumed it was something on their PC's blocking throughput so i referred them to techie to look at it.
Third Customer. Same thing. I troubleshoot as i did the first 2, but to no avail. 2 more walk in. Same issue. Call ADS, they say its a Network Issue.
Fair enough. Network Issue. But...
For each of those customers that had this throughput issue, their modems and SIM's work PERFECTLY in mine, and MY SIM didnt work in theirs.
So i asked the guy at ADS how it can be a network issue when it all works good in mine? He couldn't give me an answer.
A few minutes later a lady calls in who i helped this morning saying that they changed the APN to Vodafone UK and it work.
At this point my face was likeand my mind like
Then, ANOTHER guy comes in. Same problem. Can connect but no throughput. So just for the fun of it, i changed the APN Vodafone UK.
It worked. And unfortunately smilies doesnt have the smiley to convey my facial expression...
So what gives?![]()
Any idea if they all had the same antivirus software?
According to Google Vodafone UK also uses the internet apn. Maybe the DNS settings are different?![]()