Vox Telecom Support

Leo_

Is it just me, or is Vox's support the most incoherent, dysfunctional bowl of dog turd out there?

There's supposedly twenty-million different departments with absolutely no intercommunication. No department wants to take responsibility to aid you, but are quick to connect you to another irrelevant department who is just as incompetent to help you.

There's umpteen support email addresses:
All of them are routed to a single room with an infinite number of monkeys typing away at an infinite number of keyboards. Eventually you will get the reply you want, but it might take a while - a very long while. And most of the time, they have no idea what they're doing.

Today I send in my cancellation, and I shiver to think of the idiocy I have to deal with for such a simple, universal process. I predict 5 telephone calls, 3 emails, and 2 tweets to have this fulfilled.

Just as a suggestion for someone considering getting Vox - Don't.

Well...Don't go with them if you value customer service and support. A decent product is half the story - because when s**t hits the fan, and you need some assistance, you want the process to be painless and easy as possible. You do not want resolution to come after 2 weeks, escalation, numerous emails, tweets, and countless minutes of your life wasted on the phone.

This is just my consistent experience as of now - Things might change however - They might've gotten worse when you're reading this.

ABDurbs

Just like Telkom. Not what i wanted to read. About to move to VOX.

Docbot

Just like Telkom. Not what i wanted to read. About to move to VOX.
Whatever you do do, stay far away from Vox Telecom, otherwise you will rue the day. They are absolutely useless. Problems too numerous to mention, from lost emails, poor quality calls, to endless problems with diverting calls, dropped calls etc. You have been warned

ABDurbs

Whatever you do do, stay far away from Vox Telecom, otherwise you will rue the day. They are absolutely useless. Problems too numerous to mention, from lost emails, poor quality calls, to endless problems with diverting calls, dropped calls etc. You have been warned
I only want them for Internet, no mails or calls.

Sopbeen

I only want them for Internet, no mails or calls.
They have a solid network, I just sincerely hope you don't ever need to make use of their "support". I certainly won't be making use of them again. Goodluck.

Leo_

They have a solid network, I just sincerely hope you don't ever need to make use of their "support". I certainly won't be making use of them again. Goodluck.
I would say they have a solid* network.

I've personally been told by Vox, and so have numerous other members in this forum, that international speeds are not guaranteed. I was told this when I was getting around 30mbps on a 100mbps line performing a speedtest internationally.

*locally only.

fundutzi

Re Leo_`s original post.

The Vox network is good.
Value for money is good.

Vox`s back office support and administration is not good.

Had an instance a few years past. Based on Vox`s written emails and recorded calls, we can cancel a satellite service, no contract obligations. So we proceeded and cancel.
This cost us a few thousand ZAR at time. They simply would not own up to their own disinformation / incompetence.

Most instances, no matter what route one takes in za, it is usually a compromise.

Why is this the case I always ask?
Could it be that once a company grow to a measurable size the law dictates who shall be employed?

ABDurbs

Many negative reports about VOX after sales service, so where to now? Moving from Telkom is proving to be more of a nightmare than I expected. The VOX deal is so good and none of the others compare.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Many negative reports about VOX after sales service, so where to now? Moving from Telkom is proving to be more of a nightmare than I expected. The VOX deal is so good and none of the others compare.
Vox you generally don't need support though. I think I called in once in total due to making sure my upgrade order was placed successfully.
Even cancellation was smooth, ticket just got forwarded to cancellations@voxtelecom.co.za after I sent it to help@voxtelecom.co.za, though I am a bit annoyed that the option isn't on their online portal.
Moved to Cool Ideas as they had a way better offer on Frogfoot.

ABDurbs

Signed up with VOX installation due 11 Apr, so hopefully all will go well. Thanks All

walt chen

vox internet for me is good , support team is also quite useful, I am in Illovo. several incident, longest one , took 2 days to fix with Vumatel.

Surv0

Executive Member
Vox has been nothing but excellent for me. I imagine there is more to the OP's story than meets the eye.

Communication has been 100%, they even paid for the install when my order fell outside of their special window. I cancelled 2 days ago as I am moving away and the request has already been completed no hassle.

Their data speeds have never been an issue for me (fiber) and I mostly game and download.

I cant recommend Vox enough.

tdenizen

I've been using VOX for years with no issues until I decided to move from ADSL to Fibre. Now i cannot get my ADSL cancelled with them and keep getting different emails to contact and absolutely terrible support. I Agree with OP on this and I am going through the same hell. i wish I had gone somewhere else now. They never used to be like this I only had to call them once a year ago regarding an ADSL issue and I didn't have to wait etc and got great support now it seems like they are a completely different company :(

Luke7777

Executive Member
I'm currently with Afrihost/Openserve , 200/100. Seen the Vox/Frogfoot ad on my gate for higher line speed for a lot less, so this looked interesting . Haven't had any issues with my current setup btw and speedtests are very close to line speeds. Anyone on the same combo ?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Our VOIP lines seems to be going down every two days now. We phone them it gets restored, then two days later it is down again.

dabbler

Expert Member
Anyone else having problems connecting via Vox (fibre) in Durban?

Edit: Nevermind. It's back.

Last edited: