Vredehoek, Cape Town area

medicnick83

Paramedic
Hi all,

Just to let you know.

There WAS (not sure if there still is because I'm back online) a cable break in the Vredehoek area.

At about 10:30 I called and according to RSAWEB "City Workers" damaged a fibre cable - Octotel were enroute to repair the cable.
At 12:35 I came online.

I did ask on Octotel's Facebook page for a status update but they said RSAWEB was going to inform us - they didn't - I only know because I called to ask.

I myself have e-mailed RSAWEB and asked for them to let us know in some form or another (E-mail, SMS etc)

medicnick83

Paramedic
Taken from the Vredehoek / Devils Peak Community Facebook page:

Hi Everyone, Octotel will put up a notice on your page if we are experiencing any downtime in a major area. Please note that Octotel provides 24-hour support directly to your ISP. Though we are happy to help clients please always remember that connectivity issues are rarely infrastructure related and that your Service Level Agreement is signed with your service provider. The sooner they let us know that they cannot resolve on their side, the sooner we step in and resolve on our side. If you fail to provide us with a ticket number supplied by your ISP our support desk will be unable to assist. Technical issues are not as simple as just what light is on your ONT (though this is a basic indicator) and testing needs to take place from the side of the ISP before we are able to dispatch teams to links.