Web Squad ISP

Seeyou

Expert Member
@websquadza How does one select a migration / start at the beginning of March on the order form? There are just fields for installation details and total due today price.

websquadza

WebSquad
@websquadza How does one select a migration / start at the beginning of March on the order form? There are just fields for installation details and total due today price.
You can continue and place the order there. At the next stage our Service Delivery team will contact you to arrange for the migration. Octotel have quite a manual process, so i't best if they take over the process and handle it for you. Or please pm me your details and I'll get one of our service team to contact you and make sure it's as seamless as possible.

websquadza

WebSquad
Not really a concern as such. I'm on Octotel and was just wondering. I had awful throughput on Cool Ideas when I was with them - switched to AH and suddenly saturated my line, no other changes. CISP used PPPoE and AH uses DHCP but it probably wasn't a factor - I'm merely curious.
That's quite odd, rarely see any issues with PPPoE. Could have been an MTU issue? What router were you using?

clickingbuttons

To get into the latest "Top ISP" list on mybroadband it's obvious somebody needs to be paid to get it there. Websquad has been A+++ so far in my experience so far. Keep up the good work:thumbsup:.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Looks we didn’t make their cut.. Hard to miss considering this thread has stayed on page 1 for a full year now. Oh well. Maybe next time.
We went through the same thing for the first few years, the system is based on numbers in the market plus a few other variables.

We were larger than a few listed ISPs at the time as a newcomer but you can't list every newcomer no matter how well they fare.

From what we saw it was more like time in the market vs numbers vs requests = making the list.

Just stick it out, mybb can't refuse majority :)

DarkSt0rm

@websquadza are you fiddling with the network? Keep seeing HUGE ping spikes in Dota 2 :/

Seeing ping spike from 30 (usually 1, so I guess I'm on a CPT instance), to 400ms
1581705009853.png

Edit: Back to 1 (still in the same game)
1581705118295.png

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
@websquadza are you fiddling with the network? Keep seeing HUGE ping spikes in Dota 2 :/

Seeing ping spike from 30 (usually 1, so I guess I'm on a CPT instance), to 400ms
View attachment 784616

Edit: Back to 1 (still in the same game)
View attachment 784620
Looks like NAP Africa JHB experienced a little wobbly this evening with 370 Gbps of traffic dropping off around 20:15 (https://www.napafrica.net/peering-traffic/). Looks like traffic volumes are approaching normal levels again. This would've sent some traffic to transit hence the higher latency. I don't have much more information just yet. Will update as we learn more.

DarkSt0rm

Looks like NAP Africa JHB experienced a little wobbly this evening with 370 Gbps of traffic dropping off around 20:15 (https://www.napafrica.net/peering-traffic/). Looks like traffic volumes are approaching normal levels again. This would've sent some traffic to transit hence the higher latency. I don't have much more information just yet. Will update as we learn more.
No worries, was just curios :)

NAPAfrica

Indeed, this was an issue on our side in Johannesburg. We had an issue at 20:23 which has since been resolved. Apologies everyone!

Seeyou

Expert Member
You can continue and place the order there. At the next stage our Service Delivery team will contact you to arrange for the migration. Octotel have quite a manual process, so i't best if they take over the process and handle it for you. Or please pm me your details and I'll get one of our service team to contact you and make sure it's as seamless as possible.
Unfortunately I had a busy work day and this completely slipped my mind when I didn't get a response here yesterday, so now I'm forced to wait another billing cycle with AH before I can switch over, or end up paying two fibre bills. But I'll keep that in mind for next month.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Soooo, @websquad, I’ve got a friend, after much praise from my side, decided to move across, but needed an open serve connection put in, this was 3 weeks ago , and nothing yet... almost no feed back from websquad end, and even less from openserve , :(