Web Squad ISP

websquadza

WebSquad
I remember using 2 NAP cables to different instances. Just wondering if it is the same still.
Yup, still the same. Thing is, this assumes every peer has two instances. Even Google only recently brought up their second one, which has been somewhat flaky these past few weeks. Too few peers (specifically CDNs and Clouds) are on secondary fabrics (And by this I mean second presence on NAP, some national presence on NAP or on the INXs). Less than 20% of our traffic lost on NAP JHB landed up on JINX. Some traffic shifted to CPT and KZN fabrics, but I think that saturated a few NLDs (from the looks of the mailing list on Friday)..

websquadza

WebSquad
Soooo, @websquad, I’ve got a friend, after much praise from my side, decided to move across, but needed an open serve connection put in, this was 3 weeks ago , and nothing yet... almost no feed back from websquad end, and even less from openserve , :(
I apologise for the delay in getting your friend up and running. I can assure you that we've been in constant communication with your friend (via email and phone) throughout the past few weeks with updates and I know we spoke to him telephonically yesterday (I followed up on this).. We are at the mercy of Openserve when it comes to their installations - I can assure you that our service delivery team follows up on every order, every day.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member
Yup, still the same. Thing is, this assumes every peer has two instances. Even Google only recently brought up their second one, which has been somewhat flaky these past few weeks. Too few peers (specifically CDNs and Clouds) are on secondary fabrics (And by this I mean second presence on NAP, some national presence on NAP or on the INXs). Less than 20% of our traffic lost on NAP JHB landed up on JINX. Some traffic shifted to CPT and KZN fabrics, but I think that saturated a few NLDs (from the looks of the mailing list on Friday)..
Wow. Sounds like them cloud providers are immature or slapgaat. Maybe both.

DarkSt0rm

Would I be correct in saying that our WACS link has been restored? Pings to EU look back to normal :)
Might be the other one that was damaged (SAT-3), WACS still has a 2nd break that needs to be fixed I believe

websquadza

WebSquad
Would I be correct in saying that our WACS link has been restored? Pings to EU look back to normal :)
Yup. WACS has been back in action since Saturday morning. Great latency back to EU and onwards restored.

Might be the other one that was damaged (SAT-3), WACS still has a 2nd break that needs to be fixed I believe
EU side fix was handled by a UK ship during this past week. Initial tests happened on Friday night.

WACS is up and running just waiting on SAT3 to be repaired.
SAT3 will be nice to have back up for peace of mind- but WACS route is better and has significantly more capacity on hand.

Seeing some Cloud/transit networks still routing via JHB, I think they’ll wait until official WACS notification and fix up their routes.

websquadza

WebSquad
Has the internet just crashed again?

Only getting download of 10Mbps on a 1Gbps line
Looks like a Vumatel issue. @ISP cash cow that first hop loss seems to be local loop. Vumatel have just sent out an alert that Aerial Fibre in the West Rand is affected by a core outage, and services are degraded. Apologies, I can't remember if you're all on West Rand Aerial Fibre?

tracee

I am on west rand trenched vuma, not aerial and I had no issues, so likely aerial only

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Looks like a Vumatel issue. @ISP cash cow that first hop loss seems to be local loop. Vumatel have just sent out an alert that Aerial Fibre in the West Rand is affected by a core outage, and services are degraded. Apologies, I can't remember if you're all on West Rand Aerial Fibre?
I am on trenched in the south.

Senshi

Any updates on the issue, is Vuma still affected @websquadza ? Hoping issue is resolved by the time I get home this afternoon, wanna do some gaming :)