Web Squad ISP

ijacobs3

Expert Member
:ROFL: My poor attempt at an April fools. Comms that come out last night just said that the upgrades are being implemented in phases over the next day. So upgrades started on 10/2s this morning and will continue through the day to the 200/100s. Will post any updates as and when they come.
Lmao, I honestly forgot about that ......

Cowboy619

:ROFL: My poor attempt at an April fools. Comms that come out last night just said that the upgrades are being implemented in phases over the next day. So upgrades started on 10/2s this morning and will continue through the day to the 200/100s. Will post any updates as and when they come.
Very poor delivery of the joke :) seems a lot of clients from different ISP's on the forum today forgot to take their patience pills. Do they think its a simple switch of a button :) Maybe they believe its like the Eskom guy with loadshedding. Stage 2 now between 9am - 11am

websquadza

WebSquad
So some further clarity here. Vumatel 10/2,10/10, 20/2 and 20/20 GPON (Aerial) and AE (trenched) packages will be upgraded today at midday. The rest of the packages will be updated tomorrow.

websquadza

WebSquad
Very poor delivery of the joke :) seems a lot of clients from different ISP's on the forum today forgot to take their patience pills. Do they think its a simple switch of a button :) Maybe they believe its like the Eskom guy with loadshedding. Stage 2 now between 9am - 11am
Yeah, based on FNO configs and where line profiles are enforced, updates to profiles can be quite tricky. Imagine all the trenched CPEs trying to request DHCP at once if a reboot is required? I think it’s better if they just take their time and stagger this upgrade.

Well played sir. Had me rushing to Eskom se Push there.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
@websquadza

What is up with your asian routes??
Ping are extremely high... Was getting consistent 170ms up until I went to bed last night.

1585728144328.png

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Latency is up to crap today -

1585741516227.png

Seriously annoying!

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
An update from Vumatel this afternoon: Trenched 10 and 20 Mbps clients on the Bryanston Master Node have been upgraded successfully. All Aerial (GPON) 10 and 20 Mbps clients will upgraded tomorrow morning. If all goes well, the plan is to move on to parts of the Cape Town trenched network thereafter. More updates to follow.

Zodiak

An update from Vumatel this afternoon: Trenched 10 and 20 Mbps clients on the Bryanston Master Node have been upgraded successfully. All Aerial (GPON) 10 and 20 Mbps clients will upgraded tomorrow morning. If all goes well, the plan is to move on to parts of the Cape Town trenched network thereafter. More updates to follow.
When would the Evotel clients be upgraded?

darrencon

Be careful if you request an upgrade as you may be worse off. I requested an paid upgrade to 1Gbps and it was "processed yesterday" since then speeds have been much worse. See my speeds this morning:

Ping: 4ms
Download: 129.72Mbps
Upload: 0.52Mbps

Just get told we are escalating....

ijacobs3

Expert Member
I’m still on 100/100 , not complaining, was just looking forward to higher numbers

websquadza

WebSquad
Be careful if you request an upgrade as you may be worse off. I requested an paid upgrade to 1Gbps and it was "processed yesterday" since then speeds have been much worse. See my speeds this morning:

Ping: 4ms
Download: 129.72Mbps
Upload: 0.52Mbps

Just get told we are escalating....
This has been escalated to Evotel. Definitely something wrong with the provisioning profile judging by that upload.

websquadza

WebSquad
I’m still on 100/100 , not complaining, was just looking forward to higher numbers
Waiting for a full project plan from Vumatel. But I believe today's priority is to get as many of the 10s and 20s upgraded. Higher speeds later during the week.