Web Squad ISP

abudabi

Expert Member
I think this is isolated, not seeing any large scale outages- will track this on your ticket.
I'm assuming OS won't come out on a Sunday... Think it'll be Monday?

Do you know if they will phone first as I'll have to go work at the offic then no one will be here.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
I'm assuming OS won't come out on a Sunday... Think it'll be Monday?

Do you know if they will phone first as I'll have to go work at the offic then no one will be here.

Their client service centre (ie support desk) is closed on weekends. So our only escalation is to send a support mail which has been done. You’ll get a call tomorrow (they’re usually on the ball). Our support will also follow up

nelis

Expert Member
How long does it take for account to be activated after Openserve did the installation? I tested another isp and it works 100% fine but when connecting with Websquad account 0 internet.

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
Internet just completely died in North Riding Evotel
saw a massive drop across all Vuma GPON in JHB. No update what caused it yet. All sessions came back up almost immediately.

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
How long does it take for account to be activated after Openserve did the installation? I tested another isp and it works 100% fine but when connecting with Websquad account 0 internet.

Will ask the team to check on this

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

Apologies, your account was created on order with a static IP allocation; however, the incorrect IP pool was selected for your static, leading to your PPPOE dial in failing. This has been resolved. You should be online.

nelis

Expert Member
Apologies, your account was created on order with a static IP allocation; however, the incorrect IP pool was selected for your static, leading to your PPPOE dial in failing. This has been resolved. You should be online.
Thanks for the info. Hope everything will work just fine. Anyway we using our own Router (untangle firewall) Just figuring out how I can use ipv6 on it.

Zodiak

Something is very wrong tonight, Youtube buffering and only plays videos at 480p, general speed is terrible.... anyone else having issues? North Riding, Evotel

abudabi

Expert Member
Something is very wrong tonight, Youtube buffering and only plays videos at 480p, general speed is terrible.... anyone else having issues? North Riding, Evotel

I'm just down the valley in Olivedale. All good here on openserve.

nelis

Expert Member
Anyone else struggling with slow torrent speeds? I download the same torrent on my 100mb/s line at home get full speed all the time 24/7. With websquad I only get 1-4MB/s and sometimes close to 10MB/s. I know seeders and quality of the torrent but I've tested the exact same torrent. Speedtest is fine and normal http download is fine as well.

With our old neotel 20mb/s fibre it was going instantly to 2MB/s and with our new websquad internet like I said it's 1-4MB/s but starts very slow at under 500KB/s and sometimes 100KB/s and it's super slow to go up to speed if it actually does.

I actually tried during the night form 6 until 1 am and also during the day same issue

Last edited:

Sopbeen

Anyone else struggling with slow torrent speeds? I download the same torrent on my 100mb/s line at home get full speed all the time 24/7. With websquad I only get 1-4MB/s and sometimes close to 10MB/s. I know seeders and quality of the torrent but I've tested the exact same torrent. Speedtest is fine and normal http download is fine as well.

With our old neotel 20mb/s fibre it was going instantly to 2MB/s and with our new websquad internet like I said it's 1-4MB/s but starts very slow at under 500KB/s and sometimes 100KB/s and it's super slow to go up to speed if it actually does.

I actually tried during the night form 6 until 1 am and also during the day same issue
My torrents are fullspeed all the time. I only grab from private sites, so most of the popular content is hosted from seedboxes.

As far as I know, @websquadza has stated that they have no shaping mechanisms in place.

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep

My torrents are fullspeed all the time. I only grab from private sites, so most of the popular content is hosted from seedboxes.

As far as I know, @websquadza has stated that they have no shaping mechanisms in place.

As @Sopbeen said, we have nothing in place to tell the difference between types of traffic (no shapers) or throttling based on protocol. Please open a ticket so we can investigate further.

Fcon_Vpro

Expert Member
Anyone having issues right now? I'm on vumatel trenched in JHB north/jukskei park area

nelis

Expert Member

Same here. grab from private sites most of the time and speeds is slow. Like I said at my home connection my torrent instantly goes to 10MB/s but on the websquad connection it struggles to even go 5MB/s most of the time

The fastest seen it goes tonight was 10MB/s on a 200mb/s line

Last edited: